Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Coughing up White frothy Phlem, when cycling
  • project
    Free Member

Last few weeks have been short of breath and coughing up large amounts of the above, any ideas why.

martinhutch

Several possible causes, ranging from entirely routine to something requiring further investigation.

Persistent shortness of breath for weeks in someone with no underlying lung disease probably deserves a trip to the GP in itself just to be on the safe side.

If it’s unusual, persistent and troubling you, it’s not unreasonable to seek professional advice.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

GP time

Taff
    Free Member

Coughing up bial? I did this with my reflux, go see a GP. Any stomach acid coming up isn’t good.

jb79
    Free Member

Get thee to a GP!

project
    Free Member

Taff, not bile as it doesnt burn, when coughed up, just really sticky and white stuff and a lot each time.

Taff
    Free Member

Do you take energy gels by any chance and has it been cold when riding?

plop_pants
    Free Member

Do you eat alot of dairy products? I get quite productive if I drink milk before a ride.

Taff
    Free Member

If I’m not wearing my over shortson cold days my abdomen gets cold and after a while my torse feels cold and constricted and I feel lung capacity is reduced. When feeling like this I’ve puked up what looks like bial, doens’t taste acidic but looks like it. Changed energy gels and also ensure overshorts and not had it since.

molgrips
    Free Member

I would stagger into the GP’s office and cough a load up on his desk, for dramatic effect.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Cycle to the doctor’s of course, so you can be “productive” when you see him 😉

stratobiker
    Free Member

Have you had a cough/cold recently?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Maybe try the vets. Is there a cure for Rabies?

pitduck
    Free Member

sounds like you need a beer 😛

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Coughing up White frothy Phlem, when cycling’ is closed to new replies.