Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cotic Soul +Small Riders
  • wheelie

I am 5’4″ with an instep of 28″ and would be interested to hear how small folk get on with the Soul. Does an 80mm stem run with a 100mm travel fork make the steering feel too light? All info gratefully received!

Vortexracing

I’m 5ft 4″ with an 27.5″ inside leg.

I have a small and have run both a 70mm and now a 60mm stem.

I’m on my 2nd one and find them absolutely spot on.

I do run 120mm – 130mm fork though.

P1030728 by eastham_david, on Flickr

ThePilot
    Free Member

Really interesting to hear this.
    I’m a 5ft 6in girl and always fancied a Soul but I figured the top tube would be too long. Be interested to hear how other girls get on with them?
    If I do bite the bullet btw, I’d go for 120mm/130mm forks and a 60mm stem. How do you reckon that would work for someone of my height?
    Be grateful of all opinions.

cinnamon_girl

The Pilot – I’m 5’5″ and used to have a small Soul. Absolutely spot on for me though I do have a short body, long arms and long legs. Had a 120mm fork and 70mm stem plus wide bars.

Now have a Cotic Simple which is the same geometry. I still miss my Soul. 🙁

ThePilot
    Free Member

Thanks CG. I think I’m running out of excuses for not getting one! Just have to find the cash now!

cinnamon_girl

Well, the geometry worked for me and I would still have it but a dream frame came up in the Classifieds. I was however very disappointed with the paintwork – when I sold the frame it was 9 months old and looked pretty tatty. Definitely overpriced for the paintwork quality.

On the positive side, it was bombproof and inspired confidence. Came in around 25 lbs.

Good luck. 🙂

Vortexracing

TP if you are near the northwest you are more than welcoem to try mine

JohnnyPanic

5’6″ with 29″ inside leg on a small soul.
    90mm stem and a Thomson layback post but recently been riding it with a standard post which also seems fine. 130mm revs seem a bit wandery on the climbs. Need to space them down a bit.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

110mm forks seem to suit a Cotic nicely

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Soul +Small Riders’ is closed to new replies.