Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cotic Soul… SID's or Reba's?
  • PolisherMan

After some new forks, I’ve decided that 120 is the magic number for this frame(no arguing at the back).

The bike lives in the pennines and regularly has to keep up with big bouncy bikes 😈 I think that a bog standard pair of Reba RL’s would do, but is it worth considering one of the many versions of the SID?

I’m turning a bit jay, and I’m more into old school enduros, trailquest and bikepacking these days… 😉

martinhutch

I live in the Pennines, with Reba 120 solo airs on my Soul. More than enough to plough on through, although don’t let me talk you out of something more exotic. 🙂

neilwheel
    Free Member

Always been a Reba fan myself, although I have not ridden a set of SIDs for a long, long time. Not sure if I would notice the difference.
    If going further out, then ease of getting spares is worth considering too.

I do prefer the floodgate version and bought some OEM 29er Reba RLT earlier this year as no aftermarket version available. No complaints here.

The floodgate is useful if using a bar bag on some rides and the front end load varies a lot, even daily, without having to tweak air pressure settings.
    I’m not sure what options are available for other wheel sizes.

X-fusion with 34mm stanchions as another option?

svalgis
    Free Member

I’d go for Reba personally, not that I think that I’d notice a whole lot of flexing with SIDs but the slightly-meatier-but-still-light Reba just feels like the perfect fit for a Soul, especially in 120mm guise.

jonnyrockymountain

reba 120mm here on my 650b soul, just right

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’d go for Reba personally, not that I think that I’d notice a whole lot of flexing with SIDs but the slightly-meatier-but-still-light Reba just feels like the perfect fit for a Soul, especially in 120mm guise.

I think the externals are the same for Reba and SID, and the only difference is the internals. I may be wrong though!

FWIW, I went Reba RL (cheaper, works well enough, no heavier.)

matt_outandabout

I think the externals are the same for Reba and SID, and the only difference is the internals. I may be wrong though!

I thought this too. I *thought* Reba’s were initially plusher, more trail friendly?

svalgis
    Free Member

Really? I always assumed SIDs used lighter (flexier) stanchions and lowers. Can’t say I actually remember where I got that from so might be me just assuming that lighter = lighter externals.

mrblobby
    Free Member

They did until a couple of years ago.

svalgis
    Free Member

Oh. Got it.

rob2
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of 120mm rct3 SIDS on my soul and they’re really good.

They feel much better than the revs I had on their even though they are the 2013 ones, the Sid damping feels better.

I think what I’m saying is SIDS are good 😉

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Another vote for 120 Rebas. RL solo air on an Inbred here.

I like them. Big psi and fast rebound for my 15 stone and they’re super plush.

Cheap as off Merlin last year.

llatsni
    Free Member

I had rev’s dropped to about 120/130 on my Soul. Felt super-stiff. Just the way I like it.

Northwind

Mine had Revs, my Soda had Sids. TBH both worked really well, the damping in the Sids always seemed that bit tauter and racier though (rct3 vs blackbox team) but I don’t know if that’s actually true or if I’m imagining it 😉

Scapegoat

Reba dual air @120mm . Tapered 20mm, stiff, Luvverly.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’m going to throw the Recon Gold solo airs into the mix, I’ve just got them on my KTM and to be perfectly honest, they’re every bit as good as the Reba RL’s I had on my last 29’er HT.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Soul… SID's or Reba's?’ is closed to new replies.