Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Converting to double and bash- have I messed up?
  • bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Took delivery of the things I need for the change to d+b today and I noticed that I ordered the 36t slx triple rather than the 36t double 😳 . Will it be ok or will I have to change it.

cplater1
    Free Member

both the middle and outer ring on the SLX are 104mm bcd, so it should be fine.

emmodd
    Free Member

I’ve gone single ring on my SLX so have the bash going spare if that’s any use to you?

rondo101
    Free Member

If you’ve bought the triple crankset rather than the double & bash crankset, clearly you won’t have a bashring.

njee20
    Free Member

I read that as having bought a 36t and a bashring, to convert the existing triple cranks. You’ll be fine with the other ring.

Country_Gent
    Free Member

Also, the triple is 22,32,44 while the double is 22,36 + bash

You will probably find a 32 to short for middle ring duties

rondo101
    Free Member
    bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Sorry I wasn’t very clear on my op. I already have a trutrive 3*9 chainset. I ordered a 36t middle chainring to replace the 32t that is already on. But on receiving it this morning I found out that it’s for the triple set up and not the double. I’m led to believe that the ring for the double set up is designed slightly different to help shifting of the chain. Just wondering if I should send it back and swap it or fit it and stop worrying.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

fit it and stop worrying. You might get a bit of chain rub in the 22 ring and the higher gears on the caseette

PJM1974
    Free Member

What TJ says.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Converting to double and bash- have I messed up?’ is closed to new replies.