Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Converting 2010 Fox Float R to Talas
  • nwill1
    Free Member

Anybody done this??

I have a 2012 Five and don’t fancy 160 all of the time as lots of local rides don’t warrent 160, however it’s my do it all and want to use it on DH tracks, Cannok, FOD, Wales, etc so would be ace to be able to adjust them.

I’ve read that Floats perform better than the Talas, any real world experiences?

N.

robhughes
    Free Member

U-turn lyriks…Much better than both. 😉

nwill1
    Free Member

Have considered Lyriks but my 36’s are very clean and I’ve had them from nearly new & I know the history, changing forks could be costly given what they’re probably now worth 🙁

nwill1
    Free Member

Have checked with MoJo and it can’t be done on pre 2011 models…I’ll have to consider my options.

robhughes
    Free Member

Just sell them on.You wont have to fork out much to swap…excuse the pun. 🙂

greeble
    Free Member

for the sake of your wallet and reliability keep them as floats. just drop the travel to 150mm or 140mm and leave them as is.

nwill1
    Free Member

Cheers….they’re currently at 120mm (just taken from previous frame) now big question 140 or 150mm?

b45her
    Free Member

it can be done on pre 2011 forks, i’ve converted 2006 2007 and 2008 talas 36’s from talas to floats, if it can go one way it can go the other.

nwill1
    Free Member

Mojo have the kit to convert that way but not the other, called but they said it can not be done!?

eshershore
    Free Member

we always did conversion from Talas to Float for customers, not the other way around

set your Float using internal travel spacers, and have fun riding!

nwill1
    Free Member

Cheers, so would you go 140, 150 or 160

eshershore
    Free Member

@nwill1

probably 150mm, because Float allow you to setup a proper sag whereas we always found with Talas being “sticky” it would give a false (sat high) sag setup

Float sits deeper into travel, so don’t be afraid of trying 150mm. The travel spacer kit will allow you to make further adjustments using the various spacers, so you can always experiment

nwill1
    Free Member

Thank you, given I’m so torn between 140 & 160, 150 is the middle ground and as you state setting the sag correct means it should sit very nice & plush.

theblackmount
    Free Member

Talas is shit – avoid. (Talas user)

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Aren’t the new Talas (2013) a lot better? Less stichion?

dirtydog
    Free Member

The new talas is a completely different beast to the old, the airspring has been redesigned and many of the seals that plagued the old design no longer exist.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Converting 2010 Fox Float R to Talas’ is closed to new replies.