Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Conundrum
  • tommyhine

I need to resign to a boss who is a terrible people person, I have no conection to and have only met in person about ten times.

I’m not going to call him as he rarely answers his phone.

What do you reckon I should write on the email I’m attaching the letter of resignation to. I’m stumped.

So long and thanks for the fish?

dannybgoode

You should always resign in person IMHO – even if it just handing them the letter.

Deep breath, ask to see them, explain you wish to hand in your notice and give letter.

He may even thank you for coming to see him to do it in person – you never know.

Cheers

Danny B

tommyhine

Aha, there in lies the problem.

He’s based 130 miles away from me.

headfirst
    Free Member

Dear X,

Please find attached my letter of resignation.

Regards,

Big Tommy

spawnofyorkshire

Ring him up to forewarn him, then hit send

amplebrew

I’d do it in person as well.

E-mail him and ask when would be a good time to call or meet.

130 miles isn’t that far away, he might come to you.

nickjb
    Free Member

Keep it simple, just the facts. Letter should just say you are resigning, and what your last day will be plus something about holiday entitlement if applicable. Email pretty much as headfirst. You could add that you would be happy to discus it with him if he wants. If most of your contact has been via email then I see no big issue with emailing this.

tommyhine

I gave him a call in the end, good advice.

He appreciated the call and was actually more bothered than I thought he would be.

cheers chaps

Speshpaul

“I’m not going to call him as he rarely answers his phone.”

I’d just leave him a message then.

no, do you want to stay/ angling for a better offer/ think you might come back one day? If not then be pleasant and factural, email will be fine.
    Dear …… please find attached my letter of resignation. thanks for the opportunity of working here blah blah blah…best wishes ……

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Conundrum’ is closed to new replies.