Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Contigo Byron travel mug……..never again.
  • bruneep

Lid seal failure. Shite customer service

Bought a Contigo Byron travel mug after a few recommendations from here, for few months all was well but then the lid started to leak now and again, on inspection the seal had become stretched and wouldn’t sit in to the groove. It appears replacement seals cannot be had nor can replacement lids and as I’ve found their CS is non existent. The reviews on their site back this up
    https://www.gocontigo.com/snapseal-byron-replacement-lid.html

null

For the sake of a seal that cost pennies I’ll have to buy another travel mug.

grahamt1980

Hydroflask mug is awesome.
    the only issue with it, is that it keeps temp so well that your drink stays so hot you have to wait a while to drink

el_boufador

Mine does that occasionally. It’s just a bit stretched (under tension, not permanently baggy). Take the seal out so it is even, then jam it back in place with a fork or something.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cromolyolly
    Free Member

I’ve had that seal out a couple of times to clean it, goes back in pretty easily. I’ve got 2 and neither is doing that. They are easy to overtighten though, I wonder if that does it.

bruneep

Been in and out and poked back in numerous times, sometimes it leaks sometimes it doesn’t, not going through the leaky gamble everytime . Just why cant they do replacement seals?

Drac

A few months? I’d be asking for a exchange or refund.

crikey
    Free Member

I’d be drinking my hot drinks at home and not wandering about with a cup. Harrumpf.

tonyg2003

We have his and hers Contigo Autoseals (MrsG drinks hot choc and you definitely don’t want to taste that in your tea!). Never leaked and very robust even if mine is looking a bit battered these days!

bruneep

I’d be drinking my hot drinks at home and not wandering about with a cup. Harrumpf.

You know that rule at work “all hot drinks must have a lid” that Harrumpf

and work coffee is shit so I make at home and it travels to work with me

Drac, I dont keep a drawer full of receipts. Do I just wander back into Tesco and ask for a refund without proof?

bruneep

Well after a couple of weeks of exchanges from Contigo CS in ‘merica I manged to get a hold of someone in UK.

null

A new lid arrived today, seems the design has been changed and a new type of seal. If anyone want to contact them they can do so on 0800 169 4080

poolman
    Free Member

Well done, I just checked mine. Bought 2 in asda for 8 quid each in summer, both got the new design. It is easy to think you have closed it and have not fully, I spilt a whole flask of tea in my rucsac last week. Just push down fully.

keithb

Weirdly we have 2 of those in the house. The wife’s one does that all the time, and the only time mine does it, is when the wife puts the lid on it…

I reckon operator error…

And yes, pop the rubber seal out and put it back in, the right way up, flat, and evenly tensioned.

Those mugs are awesome, stay hot for hours and totally leak proof if you don’t muck it up!

bruneep

totally leak proof if you don’t muck it up

guy I spoke to as good as admitted there was a design issue, it can’t be operator error look at the amount of complaint on the link in my 1st post.

nealglover
    Free Member

After trying loads of different ‘leakproof’ mugs that all eventually weren’t I found one of these in TKMaxx and gave it a try

https://www.tefal.co.uk/Drinkware-&-Food-Storage-/Travel-Mugs/TRAVEL-MUG-0-36L-RED/p/3100518068

Awesome, no faffing around with seals etc, put the whole lot in the dishwasher and then use it again. Never leaks. Keeps coffee warm literally for hours. Wouldn’t bother with anything else now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Contigo Byron travel mug……..never again.’ is closed to new replies.