Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Conti Black Chili … worth the extra over standard rubber?
  • ade9933
    Free Member

I used to like BC’s but I had a couple of ruptured side walls so switched to maxxis and schwalbe – no similar issues.

…but yeah BC’s are a world better for grip than the non-BC versions.

MSP

I have never had problems with conti tyres, but there does seem to be a common theme of problems.

I think the problem is actually the hand made in Germany gives inconsistent results. They should either automate the German production or let the eastern factory use the BC compound.

fifeandy
    Free Member

@MSP, if you check out the recent factory tour video, theres not a whole lot of handmade in the handmade part.

I rather think that its acutally us riders that are inconsistent.

Personally, i think Conti err towards the side of making tyres for winning races on, whereas other brands maybe lean towards a tyre average Joe can enjoy even when battering the most clumsy line possible through a rock garden after a heavy winter training regime of beer and curry. Just a feeling i get from the way products are marketed etc.

Nothing wrong with either approach, and i think the truth is that if you buy a top of the range version, its pretty hard to buy a bad tyre from any of the major manufacturers. Just some will suit some riders more than others.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Conti Black Chili … worth the extra over standard rubber?’ is closed to new replies.