Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Congleton anyone?
  • slowjo
    Free Member

Driving through to Llangollen tomorrow (from Suffolk) and we fancied a detour to somewhere we haven’t been before. Little Moreton Hall looked interesting, is the town a nice place for a wander too or best avoided? (No kids, just myself and Mrs slowjo)

sambob
    Free Member

Not worth going to. That’s not to say it’s particularly bad, it just has no redeeming features as a town (other than Cycle Store, which is pretty good.)

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I drive through it regularly – perfectly nice but not a place to visit. Plenty to do in the surrounding area. Jodrell Bank is worth a visit – not dead close but not a bid detour.

slowjo
    Free Member

Thanks chaps…..Jodrell Bank sounds worth a punt.

MoreCashThanDash

Agree – good place to do stuff from, rather than in….

1-shed
    Free Member

If you go to Jodrell Bank why not have a stroll round Bernard Lovells garden http://www.greatbritishgardens.co.uk/england/item/the-lovell-quinta-arboretum.html Don’t know what the Sweaty arms is like any more but it would rude not to have a pint while you are there. Tatton park and Knutsford are nice too or a walk round the edge and Alderley edge is very pleasant. Have fun.

JulianA
    Free Member

Little Moreton Hall is fantastic!

Very close to Harecastle canal tunnel, too.

jekkyl

Shrewsbury might be a much better bet for a day visit.

jekkyl

Shrewsbury might be a much better bet for a day visit.

Marin
    Free Member

Couple of nice vw’s in the garage for sale. Nice paint jobs but too dear. The weekly market is appalling. Tin town is horrible.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

I worked there about 10 years ago. I still miss the oakcake shop.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Congleton anyone?’ is closed to new replies.