Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Tesco Home Delivery
  • sammaratti
    Free Member

Why o why do they not put anything in bags.

So frustrating bringing everything in item by item, putting it in the hallway so the puppy doesnt run out then having to do it again to take it into the kitchen.

I know its not the drivers who pack the shopping.

GRRRR rant over

Esme
    Free Member

Ahem . . .

GROCERY PACKING OPTIONS
    Please select how you would like to have your shopping packed below and click “Confirm”.
    Deliver without carrier bags (except where necessary):
    Deliver with carrier bags:

nickjb
    Free Member

As above you can chose. We go with no bags. The driver arrives with the groceries in crates, puts them on the kitchen table. I pack it in the cupboards or chuck it on the work surface while he brings more crates and sorts the paperwork, then takes away the empty crates. Pretty slick operation, minimal fuss

footflaps

Sainsburys is at the other extreme, they normally pack 1-3 items in a plastic bag. Our small weekly shop comes with about 25 plastic bags!

convert

I’d consider moving to online grocery shopping but can’t handle the thought of the painful process of the first shop, finding all the items. Tesco have 10+ years of knowledge of my bricks and mortar shopping habits through my loyalty card – why can’t they transfer them onto the online version as frequently purchased items to make it faster getting going?

Jossie

They do Convert, our first shop online had all our usual favourites already remembered somehow?

johnners
    Free Member

Tesco have 10+ years of knowledge of my bricks and mortar shopping habits through my loyalty card – why can’t they transfer them onto the online version as frequently purchased items to make it faster getting going?

If you sign in most of your past purchases will be available as “Favourites”.

cp

why can’t they transfer them onto the online version as frequently purchased items to make it faster getting going

They do!

convert

If you sign in most of your past purchases will be available as “Favourites”.

They do!

They do Convert, our first shop online had all our usual favourites already remembered somehow?

You are all wrong!

They don’t. Once you start shopping online your favourites and regulars are stored for future use there available to use again – when you start, even if your spend thousands in the shop logged on a loyalty card they don’t show. I emailed and asked and they said, that’s just the way it is, sorry.

I’ve tried again now, just to make sure nothing had change and despite having numbers hundreds of pounds of vouchers for all my spending in the shop, my favourites,my usuals,and last order tabs are all blank with a message saying these will be populated once I start shopping online.

johnners
    Free Member

I’ve tried again now, just to make sure nothing had change and despite having numbers hundreds of pounds of vouchers for all my spending in the shop, my favourites,my usuals,and last order tabs are all blank with a message saying these will be populated once I start shopping online.

You must be particularly special then. I don’t buy groceries online, so the “Last Order” and “My Usuals” isn’t available, but if I click on “My Favourites” it seems to have most of the items I’ve ever bought in store.

Perhaps they’ve just got it in for you personally, that does seem to be the most likely explanation.

scotroutes

You are right!

Just logged on to see what would happen and the wee box tells me I’ll only have Favourites once I’ve done some online shopping.

cp

You are all wrong!

errr, eh? You have put the right clubcard number in right?

cp

weird, worked for me. never done an online grocery shop.

scotroutes

5thElefant
    Free Member

Ask them to leave the crates and pick them up next time.

nealglover
    Free Member

Works for me too.

Never done an online shop with tesco. Just in store.

Just logged in with clubcard details, and loads of in store favourites listed.

Still won’t use them for online shopping though.

OCADO are much better, and Morrisons (ocado in different uniforms) are even better than that.

crankboy
    Free Member

Just don’t use asda their customer ” service” Center is appalling the van did not deliver a major chunk of our order I rang through while it was on the end of our road nothing they could or would do to turn it round or redeliver promised a call back that never came 5 days of calling to try and get any refund constantly promised call back without result . they so annoyed me that 6 months latter I leap at this opportunity to slag them off.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Take them to court crankboy

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Tesco Home Delivery’ is closed to new replies.