Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Comprehension failure
  • thegeneralist
    Free Member

From the grauniad:

Police are cautiously confident the relative high cost of travelling to Russia coupled with visa requirements and football banning orders will avoid a repeat of the violent clashes which marred Euro 2016 in France and left two England fans seriously injured. Only 10,000 fans are expected to travel.

Are these people for real.. a number of England fans are going to get the shit completely kicked out of them by semi-tooled up right wing Russian ultras. The provenance of the English has sod all to do with this outcome. Surely people can see this.

Any of you lot planning on travelling there to get a shoeing(or worse)?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

At least the FIFA Delegates got paid…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Oooohh, those big bad Russians!

The people who travel will be of two types – footy fans who will get away from dangers hot spots as they are pretty obvious, ie city centre bars/squares. The other type – semi tooled up right wing English ultras.

Meh.

pondo

Chap next door is an England regular, nice chap, not a trouble-maker – he said France was nightmareish, they’d be sitting having a few beers in a square and they’d see French yoofs scouting about on scooters, they’d rock up and get on the phone as soon as they spotted England fans. Half an hour later, a mob of Ruskis would turn up and just dive straight into the England fans, no matter what they were doing.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The people who travel will be of two types – footy fans who will get away from dangers hot spots as they are pretty obvious, ie city centre bars/squares.

Nice, all good so long as you bus from the airport to the hotel to the match to the airport…

The other type – semi tooled up right wing English ultras.

Will be on travel bans, not have their passports etc.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Nice, all good so long as you bus from the airport to the hotel to the match to the airport…

Back to your hotel straight after the game, preferably as part of an organised official group, is common sense, yes.

Will be on travel bans, not have their passports etc.

How very naive, only the ones that get caught are passportless.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

footy fans who will get away from dangers hot spots as they are pretty obvious,

Totally don’t agree. They will be stuck in a country where the hooligans hate them, the police will be out to get them, the population dislike them and the authorities positively condone their brave lads showing the English who’s boss. Sounds like a terrifying scenario to me.

The genuine fans won’t have a clue how to get away from danger hot spots. The locals will be all over them.

bails

https://twitter.com/acampbell68/status/974338745297199105?lang=en

The highlight of the World Cup will be a Recruitment Consultant from Leamington Spa being tombstoned through a table in a ****ing Burger King by some semi professional kickboxing lunatic from Moscow who has a go-pro strapped to his head

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’s like the daily mail comments in here! 😂

jimdubleyou

I’m confident Putin will have called off his ultras.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Back to your hotel straight after the game, preferably as part of an organised official group, is common sense, yes.

So not so much a festival of football but a soulless journey spending all your time looking over your shoulder.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, just like it was for all the fans who shared cities with Engerlund for decades of tournaments….

CountZero

It’s like the daily mail comments in here!

I for one am looking forward to see you appearing on the evening news being loaded onto an ambulance after the Russian heavy crew get through with giving you a thorough seeing too. Even if I had the money and opportunity to visit Russia, there is no way on this earth I’d go while the footy’s on! Buggerall to do with the Daily Wail, more a clear idea of just how much the Russian Ultras will be looking forward to proving they’re the toughest in the world.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ah the past = the future and retribution forever…

From a quick google there were 66 England fans arrested in France out of over 1000 arrests, most were not convicted in the end.The UK took stock of it’s problem and worked really hard to deal with it – the shock of the Roma gang in Liverpool tells you how far the game and supporters have moved on here.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I for one am looking forward to see you appearing on the evening news being loaded onto an ambulance

Why the **** would a Scot be at a world cup, we’re far too shit to do stuff like that!.

Thanks for looking our for me though, ya bawbag. 😁

perchypanther
    Free Member

I for one am looking forward to see you appearing on the evening news being loaded onto an ambulance after the Russian heavy crew get through with giving you a thorough seeing too.

Scotland didn’t qualify for the World Cup

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Not retribution at all, it’s not as if it’s generations ago….. I’m merely highlighting that there’s some hysterical xenophobia being put out by certain outlets, when footy fans in this country ain’t exactly the purest.

Numbers of arrests mean **** all, look at the mess Rangers fans made of Manchester (I’m a Rangers fan btw) and there were very few arrests, it means bugger all as most police forces will attempt to control and not confront, for many reasons.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m merely highlighting that there’s some hysterical xenophobia being put out by certain outlets, when footy fans in this country ain’t exactly the purest..

They may not be the purist but Russia has a serious current problem which they appear to be doing something very late about

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/russian-football-hooligans-face-crackdown-world-cup-180410083901797.html

On the other hand the UK has been up front and dealing with the issue for many years.

FuzzyWuzzy

I can’t see the appeal of going myself, a good day would be getting to and from the stadium without being assaulted and no one smashing into the hotel you’re staying in. And you’re in a country we’re essentially back in a cold war with that’s a dictatorship and has a very questionable legal system. You’d probably get your head kicked in, go to court assuming you were appearing as a witness and end up behind bars – if you’re lucky Comrade Putin might let you out in a year as a good will gesture to ease sanctions, OK perhaps I’ve strayed into Daily Mail territory…

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Russian football fans are mental, I mean properly bat shit, crazy ape, looney tunes, **** crazy. There will be a lot of people, with no hopes in life, trying to make themselves legends.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

No chance Id go….. But then I’ve not been to Wembley to see Spurs.

It would take me a 3 hour round journey to Wembley, I can get to White Hart Lane in 40mins.

Football is just a bit of light entertainment isn’t it ?

Let alone putting yourself in danger … How much does it cost to get the Russia to see a game?

People are weird.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I hope it all goes off smoothly, for everyones sake. Unlike ClownZero, who wants to see me in an ambulance for some reason.

RustySpanner

Attendance at a football match in the last twelve months should be a prerequisite for posting on football threads.

🙂

This really is like Mail readers commenting on cyclists.

I’ve genuinely never understood why people are so proud of their ignorance of and prejudice against football. Especially when they would find it abhorrent when directed at themselves.

SaxonRider

Attendance at a football match in the last twelve months should be a prerequisite for posting on football threads.

Wow. I just make the cut-off. Does that mean I get to say something ignorant and prejudiced? 🙂

Actually, I’ll just stick to the current Russian regime, and say that, in fact, it is unlikely I would be allowed into the country; but if I was, I’d be looking over my shoulder constantly. And probably avoiding tea.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

So, looks like the Russian killer zombie ultra fan killer bots were a bit overhyped then? Or did I miss the bloodbath?…

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Did you see the video of the 2 Russian cops ‘re-educating’ a hooligan who jumped on their car roof celebrating? Putin has ensured any Ultra violence is stamped out immediately. Benefits of being a Dictator I suppose.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So, looks like the Russian killer zombie ultra fan killer bots were a bit overhyped then? Or did I miss the bloodbath?…

Or when you live in a totalitarian near police state where those lovely hooligans listen to the boss you can tell them to behave, perhaps he has promised to let them rip after it’s over

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Comprehension failure’ is closed to new replies.