Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)
  • Companies that deserve to go bust.
  • Jamie
    Free Member

I know it’s a horrible thing when a company goes under, with people losing their jobs etc, but if it is possible to remove that factor from the equation for a moment. Are there any companies you have dealt with which just deserve to implode?

For me, it’s Blacks….for the following petty reasons from my last 2 orders.

1. Made an order and selected next day delivery. Order never showed up. When I contacted them about it, they said that an item wasn’t in stock, so they had not sent the order out. They never contacted me to let me know, I guess they were waiting to hear from me. Cheers for that.

2. Returned order to store. To do a refund, the guy in the shop has to ring Black’s own customer service number as they have no ability to authorise payment. No direct line mind, so if their C/S is their normal active self, you could be waiting for a while.

3. Other order was returned via 24 courier, as shop returns are not possible with Paypal payments, and they got it back last Wednesday. I hear nothing for a week, and contact them via Twitter. After giving all relevant info, I get told I have to wait a few hours while this bod from C/S emails the returns dept, to see what’s going on. 24hrs+ later and no-one has got back to me.

Grrrr!

hora
    Free Member

I’d have said Tesco’s but I got some Kebab lamb meat from their Halal counter last night that was amazing. All is forgiven.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

BT Openreach

<end of thread>

footflaps

I thought Blacks had gone bust?

Jamie
    Free Member

I thought Blacks had gone bust?

I want them to go bust again.

johndoh
    Free Member

If you order online and return to store in Sainsbury’s it’s the same – they have to ring through for authorisation.

Not that big a deal in itself.

binners

Any of the privatised utilities, basically. They were all handed monopolies, with no competition, and **** me, haven’t they acted like it. They still do!

So…

BT
    British Gas. In fact, all the energy suppliers
    All the water companies
    All the Train Operating companies

In fact, they shouldn’t just go deservedly bust, the lazy, complacent, greedy management should be flogged naked through the streets as well. Along with the private equity parasites who inevitably ended up owning them, and creaming off massive profits that running an effective cartel provides, while delivering truly appalling service. The ***s!!

tonyd

Woolworths. I stopped buying their pick n mix when they stopped stocking midget gems.

downthemiddle
    Free Member

Unicom telecoms provider
    Unicom company review website

Finally out of contract with them at work and took great pleasure in telling where to stick their offer of a renewal. Rude, pushy, aggressive. Horrendous. The company review website above tells the story

fasthaggis

Paddy Power

jock-muttley

Black is one of those companies that seems to dodge bullets well… reminds me of this chap…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53szBDUt7kM[/video]

footflaps

They did go bust:

It entered administration in 2012 and was purchased by JD Sports. Since the acquisition by JD Sports, Blacks head offices have been relocated to JD’s head offices in Bury.

Jamie
    Free Member

If you order online and return to store in Sainsbury’s it’s the same – they have to ring through for authorisation.

Not that big a deal in itself.

The authorisation in itself is not an issue, it’s the fact they have to ring the same number as Joe Public does, and that’s a 10min+ wait.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Air France. Hateful, scum sucking bottom feeders.

Straightliner

Yodel?

geoffj

CaptainFlashheart – Member

The Champagne was only chilled – not on ice?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Amstrad

Cougar

Yodel?

We have a winner.

*closes thread*

footflaps

I know their Quail’s eggs aren’t the finest, but this seems a little harsh.

cardo

Ebay…for selling fake stuff even after reporting it they do nothing.. costing our business/industry a fortune

LLoyds and RBS?

scuttler

Amstrad

LOL

Are you in some sort of timewarp? Do you still rent a telly?

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Sticking a name in the ring that might not be taken well but I’m going to say Pace. They started off well, some great frames and good early forks and then failed miserably with poor customer service and life threatening warrenty.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Train companies – in my experience FirstScotrail and Scotrail.

Treat all your customers with which you have a long standing (no pun intended, but quite good, no?) relationship and much history of their purchases i.e. season ticket sales – as criminals; to wit, I made a mistake bought the wrong ticket, or don’t allow me to redeem the single I had to buy to get to a station that could sell me a season ticket for the journey I have just made!
    Just make me late for many, many appointments and meetings but only ever apologise for the inconvenience. I work in hospitality, people don’t accept the food being delivered late at conference lunches without some expectation of recompense and **** the inconvenience.

IHN

Many, in fact I’ll say most, of the independent cafes and tea shops shops of Britain. How they stay in business when their food is crap, their service is iffy and their prices are ridiculously high for the product they offer never ceases to astound and irritate me.

There are of course excellent exceptions to this rule, and they deserve to do very, very well.

DezB
    Free Member

The Amazon seller I just bought a sporting article from (or tried to). Won’t say what it is as the dispute is still going on.

1. I order article, choose size: l/xl
    2. article arrives. Size is S/M
    3. I email seller. I can’t be bothered to send back (cheap item), I’ll order another if you can assure me you have l/xl and I’ll get that size
    4. Seller responds, sorry, contact us tomorrow to sort it
    5. NExt day I ask how do I ensure I get L?
    6. Seller replies – You want to order anther pair?
    7. Jeez. Yes, see my last message
    8. Seller – send a message when you’ve ordered and we’ll sort it
    9. I order l/xl and send a message after – please ensure I receive bla blah.
    10. Seller replies – you will.
    11. Item 2 arrives. Guess what size?
    12. I’ll return both for a refund please.
    13. Ok, return to this address
    14. Few days later – refund for one item…
    Holy moly.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Southern Water
    Thames Water
    Southern Trains
    South West Trains
    BT
    SKY
    MINT Credit Card
    HBOS (The Halifax)
    LBS’es

Ok so the last one maybe a bit close but Gawd, sometimes when you walk in asking for a full service to be done they look & treat you like you are 11 with a fag hanging out of yer mouth.

stumpy01

Blacks +1. The service I had in their Peterborough store would had been funny if it was someone else that was having to deal with it. But it was painful….I was that annoyed I wrote a letter of complaint to their head office and got absolutely no response from it.

HSBC – rubbish. Just rubbish.

Talk Talk.

spawnofyorkshire

Transpennine Express – please have the decency to give us an explanation why you make me late for work/home more than 20% of the time

Hermes – for not being arsed to deliver my parcel for over a week because the parking was difficult near my office. It was only my GF’s birthday present 👿 👿 👿 👿

Blacks – thank you for not giving me my parcel when i went to collect it in store because I don’t carry photo ID. This is after waiting 1.5 weeks because they sent the wrong colour rucksack

All utilities companies – for being useless barstewards – my company forks out nearly £4m a year to these gits and they never reply to emails or answer the bloody phone

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Countrywide Conveyancing Services. Just typing that makes me get angry, what a shower of shit.

Oh, and the Daily Mail and General Trust.

hot_fiat

Here here!
    Closely followed by: BA. Stuck-up deceitful self-riotous competition-eradicating false-smile-adorned slime. I’d like to see their pension scheme go under first though, Maxwell-style. Oh how my heart would bleed.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Royal Mail

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

All the rail-replacement bus service operators, but South West Trains in particular

postierich
    Free Member

Whoever Rob Hilton works for 🙂

Del

mildly ticked off with barclaycard. they took over another credit card i had. i didn’t want a barclaycard. eventually got them to ring me in order to cancel the barclaycard ( no, i’m not ringing your charged for cs number! ), and i cancelled. a year later they allow a transaction on the same card. 🙄
    ( a renewal – business just used same numbers they did the previous year )

joolsburger
    Free Member

Easy Jet
    Foxtons
    MBNA
    All the betting outfits

chuffnuts

Absolutely anyone who makes massive amounts of money from providing people with anything that is day to day essential.

i.e. BT, British Gas, Tesco…etc

Not cool making hundreds of millions of pounds from struggling families and retired people.

tomhoward

Student Loans Company
    BT
    Nationwide BS
    All train companies, with a couple of exceptions.

nicko74

Air France

+1.
    Also Ryanair. The business model is fair enough, but try treating your customers with a modicum of respect.
    And Paypal. Absolute shysters charging jacked up fees for fraudulent transactions and offering zero protection when the cockbag in HK makes off with your money and no actual item you supposedly bought on ebay.

Jamie
    Free Member

Blacks +1. The service I had in their Peterborough store would had been funny if it was someone else that was having to deal with it. But it was painful….I was that annoyed I wrote a letter of complaint to their head office and got absolutely no response from it.

Heh…that’s my local store. There was 2 people at the counter dealing with the phonecall to get the refund. An elderly couple walked in, all dressed in outdoorsy clothes. They walked round the ground floor, went upstairs, came down, hung about, and not once did one of the workers ask if they were ok/needed any help.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Companies that deserve to go bust.’ is closed to new replies.