Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Commuting/Mtb tyres
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

My commutes about to go from 5 ‘miles a day to about 15. Has anyone used tyres that can be used for Tarmac and also for winter rides, towpaths etc? Thinking SB8s but open to other suggestions.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Schwalbe S-One (R) and G-one (F) here.

The S-one is 30mm and now called G-One Speed and the G-One is 35mm and is called the G-One Gravel.

Tubeless, tough, good balance between road and off for the routes I commute; towpaths, bridleways but nothing too rocky.

tjagain

conti travel contact are what I use

mcnultycop

Sb8s are decent enough and roll pretty well on tarmac.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I ran sb8 for a while on a mixed fireroad/tarmac commute. 16mile round trip. Found punctures a problem with them. But tubeless/slime in tubes would solve that.

I now use schwalbe marathon mondials in 29×2″ bombproof and the wear rate is excellent. The only downside is the weight. Damn heavy but truly fit and forget

parkesie
    Free Member

Tried sb8 they were good but wore the back out in 500km. Shwalbe landcruiser are proving a cheap solid hard wearing if a little heavy and zero bling. Ideal comuter rubber really.

boxelder

Vee tyre, V12. £7.50 on CRC.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a pair of 29×2.3 On One BSC type 1s to try for £8 each.

I really want to buy a pair of Schwalbe G-One Speeds, but they will cost almost six times as much! 😯

Been very happy with 38c Marathon Cross on the road.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Belting, cheers.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

cheap commuting tyres are a false economy IMO. I’ve had one puncture in 3 years, running decent tubeless tyres, on all sorts of surfaces. I’m all for good value and bargains but, like coffee, honey and cereals, I’ll pay for the good stuff.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Commuting/Mtb tyres’ is closed to new replies.