Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Commuting tyres 26'
  • lee170
    Free Member

Currently running schwalbe kojaks on my rigid on one commuter, I am thinking of changing these for the wetter months ahead,
    I would like to stick with schwalbe as I love them.

Schwalbe. Spicer 26×1.5
    Schwalbe city jet 26x??

I want a semi tread but nothing aggressive as I would like to keep fast rolling tyres where possible.

Anyone used any of the above or can recommend others?

Thanks In advance

rewski
    Free Member

marathon plus

simmy
    Free Member

I’ve got City Jets on my hack bike and they have coped with rain and even slightly muddy tracks OK.

Obviously not designed for off roading but its possible to use cycle paths with care when muddy.

geoffj

Schwalbe Silento

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

Michelin Country Rock for me. 1.5″ width, fairly fast rolling but good side knobs so that you can actually corner off-road. Got them for £9.99 on CRC and there’s still a decent amount of tread on the rear.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I’ve used these:

CityJet 1.5 @75PSI – fast, hard. Wears fairly fast, not grippy when you lean over or on loose terrain. Cheap.

Standard Marathon @70- Similar to the City Jet, but a bit better in every way. Less cheap.

Marathon Plus @70 – Pretty heavy, but pumped up hard they hold momentum. Extremely hard wearing, very resistant to punctures indeed . A little slippy when pumped up fully.

Marathon XR @60 – Hard work, indestructible. Intend to try them on MTB!

Marathon Supreme @80 [previous gen.] The best of all worlds. Very expensive indeed. Worth it.

billytinkle
    Free Member

I can’t see why you’d change from the Kojak’s to be honest. I ran them last winter and I’ll run them this winter – excellent tyre.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Schwalbe Big Apples. Big and badass, fast and comfy. Don’t get punctures. Sorted.

jimjam
    Free Member

Conti sports contact or Gatorskins always get favorable feedback.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Bonty L3 various sizes good.

cr500dom
    Free Member

2.35 schwalbe supermotos, like a big apple but lighter carcass and fast rolling 🙂

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Keep the Kojaks, they are great in the wet too!

GrahamS

Conti City Contacts on my 26 commuter. 1.5s I think.

Might be called Comfort Contacts or something now.
    Good tyre, rolls well, pretty puncture resistant and has reflective sidewalls.

boxfish
    Free Member

Conti Sport Contacts 1.3″

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Commuting tyres 26'’ is closed to new replies.