Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • commuting tyres
  • bruneep

looking for something to speed up my commute on my mtb, current panaracers are just worn out so looking for new tyres something about the 1.5″ looking at the Maxxis Detonator MTB Tyre

anything else to look at?

kimbers

schwable marathon plus have puncture protection that makes life soooo much easier and last ages

I do 100 miles a week in london for the past couple of years on a set, no punctures 🙂

Northwind

Been getting on really well with schwalbe kojaks- quite a bit faster than my old marathons, and though they’re light they’re still puncture protected- I was skeptical tbh but they’ve been fine. I went with the 1 3/8th but kind of wish I’d gone with 2 inch.

bruneep

2 x Marathon Plus purchased should be here just in time for the snowmagedon that is forecast.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Marathon plus are great tyres, a little heavy so you’ll not be racing off at the lights but once going roll well and I’ve never punctured one yet.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Just mind and use cyclepaths everywhere or fubar will get you l…..

Marathons are some of the comfier puncture proof tires tbh , i have had panaracers and contis before and they although never flatted were like riding solid rubber tires.

tomkerton
    Free Member

I dd well with Schwalbe Land Crusers when I used a mtb on Tarmac

hs125
    Free Member

If you have the option of some tow paths or similar to get away from the traffic every now and then, these are a good compromise with a smooth running centre section, grip on the edges, and almost no punctures.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/crossroads-armadillo-tyre-ec001839#reviews

ricardo666
    Free Member

I would think so, give eBay a miss. Try next day tyres.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Been very happy with my Schwalbe Land Crusers. 18months+ daily commuting on roads, paths and trails and only 1 puncture (until the one i’ll get tomorrow obviously) and they were <£15 for the pair

crush83
    Free Member

I have shwalbe cc comp tires on my ss commuter virtuality roll all the way to work lol they are really low resistance but ok in the rain too

gonzy
    Free Member

avoid panaracer mach ss tyres…1.95in, very light and super fast especially when pumped up to 70psi….but they attract punctures like shit attracts flies…

ginge24
    Free Member

I had schwalbe marathon plus’s for years & never had a problem,Brilliant tyres & they are cheap

rentachimp
    Free Member

I punctured a Marathon plus: big chunk of glass. A piece bout the same size punctured my fiesta’s tyres though, so they are rather good.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘commuting tyres’ is closed to new replies.