Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Commuter bike nicked. Hope the scrote's balls go square & fester at the corners.
  • tthew

Got off the train this evening to find the lock busted open on the floor and no bike. British Transport Police very nice on the phone, (though they did ask about my ethnic background, religion and offer victim support before before enquiring about the bike, bonkers!) Nice Co-op insurance girl was very sympathetic but I'd prefer it back to a new one. I spent some time, effort and cash getting what I wanted. Gggrrr.

Will be keeping an eye out e-bay and in the local rag, but I don't hold out much hope.

steve_b77
    Free Member

No use.

To be fair it's a little nice to have been left locked up at a station.

tthew

First time I posted that pic in response to a thread about commuter bikes I think it was described as 'ratty', which was an appealing quality for a commuter according to the poster! Thanks for your view though Steve.

I really didn't think it would be desireable to theives, thought they preferred nice MTB's. Commuting and utility riding is what it was for, so that's the risk I take.

sandyward90
    Free Member

That gutting a cycle to work every day ( a use a full susser the now as my other bike is out of commission). n if any of ma bike went missing ad want to find the f***ers that stole it and teach them a nice slow lesson.

n that rather nice a bout the police

"they did ask about my ethnic background, religion and offer victim support before before enquiring about the bike"

really helpful

2hottie
    Free Member

Yeah I bet the Police are really interested in asking about your ethnic background and the like. I think that this, is yet another pointless paper exercise added to their job by those in Government.

As for the OP, gutted about the bike, I would agree that a bike like this wouldn't be the top priority for a scummer to nick as a mountain bike would surely be easier to sell?

I **** hate thieves!! Scum. They shouldn't get a second chance if the get caught. I'd shoot the feckers.

sandyward90
    Free Member

no no no don't shoot them that's far too fast and painless you what them to suffer.

small slashes and rub salt in them. any other ideas??

sandyward90
    Free Member

n the only money u could make there is striping it down n selling bits

molgrips
    Free Member

What lock was it? Curious as to what standard of lock is commonly being breached these days…

tthew

Basic lock I'm afraid. I do tend to view them as insurance insurance, if you see what I mean, will prob get a more substantial one in future mind.

Sandyward90, if you'd seen it up close mate, you'd probably realise that split into parts it would almost certainly be worth less!

2hottie, I'm sure the police themselves don't really care about that info, I might drop my MP a line to point out the stupidity of this, like you suggested it's all about targets, political correctness and therefore bleeing pointless when investingating bike theft.

sandyward90
    Free Member

fair nuff probs a junkie looking for sum quick money to get his/her next hit

sold fur £20

molgrips
    Free Member

My 1996 P7 got nicked.. I had locked it up in town, very busy main street so I thought it was safe. I used a very cheap lock for some reason, thinking 'oh it's only my old bike'. Well, I stayed out later so the street wasn't busy any more and the scrotes were out.. the cheap lock was snipped like string. And I do miss the bike. I'd have loved it now, could've used it as a commuter/road bike/mtb for general training and riding as I'm staying at home.

shmoo
    Free Member

no no no don't shoot them that's far too fast and painless you what them to suffer.

small slashes and rub salt in them. any other ideas??

Yeah and then I'd spray some Gt85 into it, because it'll sting but mainly I like the smell!!

sandyward90
    Free Member

shmoo u i like you understand the main points

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Commuter bike nicked. Hope the scrote's balls go square & fester at the corners.’ is closed to new replies.