Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Commencal Absolut sx
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

HI 🙂 has anyone got any experience of how these ride? I am very interested in purchasing a second hand one to make it a trail/fun bike but am concerned that the frame might be too ss specific, especially with the pivot on the bb. Thanks.

mamadirt
    Free Member

I’ve had 3 😳 . Bought one this time last year and loved it – brilliant fun in the snow and the short back end meant it was really nippy in the twisty stuff. I sold that one to free up some cash but bought another in October when Merlin had them on special offer but after just a few weeks I noticed that the rear end didn’t appear to sit right at the pivot bolts – on checking there were bearing spacers missing on each side causing distortion and cracking around one of the bearing seats. Merlin and Commencal were fantastic and within 2 weeks I had a lovely new 2011 frame 😛 . At the mo’ it’s my only bike so gets used for commuting, downhill and everything in between. Absolutely rocks in the twisty stuff (mine’s a short so actual toptube length is a tiny 20″) and it climbs pretty well too – there is a bit of noticeable bob in the lowest gears but I guess you get that with most f/s bikes. Not run it singlespeed yet – I’m happy with 9 gears for now. Some pics here if you’re interested.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Sounds good, so you would recommend one for what i want it for? im a smidge under six foot so i guess i would go for a long? It looks great !!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Cheers! Definitely a fun trail bike 😛 but at 6′ you’ll certainly need a long (I’m only 5’2″ btw). Pretty versatile too – tuneable with the air shock and plenty of replaceable dropout options (I think CRC have them all in stock).

fd3chris
    Free Member

Thanks 🙂 your advice has made me steer away from a transition double or bottlerocket now as i can afford a newer SX than either of those two.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Commencal Absolut sx’ is closed to new replies.