Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 161 total)
  • Comedy dog names
  • Lifer
    Free Member

Heel?

Harry_the_Spider

Steve.

theotherjonv

Ooh, just remembered.

My mate had a cat called Nelson, named after Mandela. Because it was black and wasn’t allowed out of the house.

It was Yorkshire, in less enlightened times.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

There’s a fella in sunny Brentwood that has two trail hound Dalmatains.

They are called…. Cannon and Dale

Harry_the_Spider

My cousin had two cats. Benson and Hedges.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Heel?

Dammit.

I keep bunnies and fish so the only phrases I need are “Stop chewing that” and “Don’t die…. Dammit.”

lemonysam
    Free Member

A friend of mine had a dog called Cat.

A friend of mine used to live with a foreign student who called the toilet “the cat” (I can’t remember where he was from) so when the house got a cat and a dog they named the cat dog and the dog toilet.

When my parents got a miniature schnauzer I tried to get them to name it Dogzilla but they wouldn’t. One day I shall have my own Dogzilla.

amedias
    Free Member

Our dog is called ‘Nincompooch’

Which is quiet appropriate to her behaviour, still makes the vet chuckle.
    Our next will likely be called ‘Scallywag’

We started off naming our Fish, but it got too hard, so in order:

Dave + Talulahblips
    Talulahblips was replaced ‘Number 2’ + Mika
    Mika was replaced by Gomez
    Then we had Lippy + Micky
    They were replaced by ‘Fish X’

I’m going to number them from now on…

As a child I had a hamster called Paddy Ashdown, and we also had the two family cats Pooh and Tiddler, named after the first things they did when we got them.

zippykona

My friend dog sits for the gayest couple in the world. They have a shakey Yorky called Tyson.

lovewookie

cat named easter (tori amos reference)

no one wants to call their dog fenton?

wilko1999
    Free Member

If we’re now talking any animals, I had a goldfish called Crapbags and a cat called Briefcase Jones

onehundredthidiot

There’s a border terrier near us called Alan.

My dog is Terry but gets called dog or mungrrl. If we pass the local staffie/lurcher fraternity.

verses

Think it’s Carry On Girls where one of the character’s landlords owns a cat called Cooking Fat “at least that’s what it sounds like he’s shouting”.

slowoldman

Surely we all know about the Yorkshire music teacher who called his dog Grieg?

‘Cos it used to Peer Gynt Suite.

I’m here all week.

binners

My mate had a cat called Nelson, named after Mandela. Because it was black and wasn’t allowed out of the house.

One of our cats is called Nelson Mandela. And yes he’s all black, but he’s allowed out. He wasn’t named for his colour though. The other ones called Che Guevara. We like our revolutionaries/terrorists in our house 😀

A mates girlfriend had 2 cats called Kipper and Tuna. Harry – we had 2 goldfish called Benson and Hedges

richwales

Girl in work has a Jack Russell called Kurt Russell.

cupra
    Free Member

Current dogs are called Jake and Sally but I really want a dog called Dave.

chipster

Back in the 70s, my mates parents had a Basset Hound called Blossom. If he took her out for a walk, he wasn’t overly fond of her calling her back.

daver27
    Free Member

My Dog’s called Peanut. Cat is called Sprocket, which i thought was unique, till i went to the vets and found out one of the vets had a cat called Sprocket as well!

you do look a right lunatic standing in a field apparently on your own shouting “Peanut” though…

jam-bo

My next collie will be called melon.

Northwind

Get a fat feline and call it The Infinite Catness

bails

The inlaws had a dopey Cocker Spaniel (who had such a big crush on me it was funny) called Duffer. As in ‘D’ for ‘dog’.

They’ve now got a boringly named one, but his dad was called Toby Le Roan.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I have a friend who is a Police Dog Handler. He calls his German Shepherd LBD. ( lazy ba##rd dog) 😀
    (at work it is anything but that, around the house it is ver lazy..)

singlesteed
    Free Member

My teacher ” used ” to in the sense of the word call his two dogs Benson & Hedges.

Kip

My parents have an aged rescue German Shepherd cross called Frank.

He was called Flank but they changed it in the rescue shelter.

That’s it!

singlesteed
    Free Member

My bros ex landlady named her female black haired greyhound Naomi due to the fact that… Errrrr! Think catwalk Naomi Campbell. Lol

MrNice
    Free Member

when I was a kid we had two gerbils who didn’t have names. Or at least that’s what I thought. I learned later my dad referred to them as shit and shat because that’s all they seemed to do but he wasn’t allowed to say it in front of small children (and I don’t think we ever knew which was which anyway).

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Errrrr! Think catwalk Naomi Campbell. Lol

Hilarious 😕

I’m sure somewhere on the planet there’s a Black Power advocate with a white poodle called ‘Kylie’. (Think pop star!!! LMAO!)

mcmoonter
    Free Member

My brother tells a story of his time staying in Marina Del Rey. His neighbour had a dog called success. John occasionally walked it on Venice beach but it was forever running away. Cue the comedy chasing and shouting ‘Come back success’. Not an uncommon cry in LA

Scapegoat

My uncle used to call the cat Turdwise ( pronounced turdweesay). That was in the 1960s….he was a village Rector in the Cotswolds, which made it pretty avant garde……

techsmechs
    Free Member

We have had a lab puppy since November called Chunk at my request.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

haven’t read through all these so apologies if someone has the same but some friends of ours have a dog they call ‘Deefer’

cloudnine
    Free Member

Named my parents spaniel.. Buffy (had a crush on Buffy the vampire slayer at the time). I also named the cat fevil as is was effin evil.
    My black lab is called fish.

joepose
    Free Member

I like animals to have derogatory names they don’t understand.
    Had a cat called “sweaty” suited it real well.
    Recall someone on the telly having a dog called “shithead”.
    Tickles me 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

Mmm our first dog who arrived 3 weeks ago is called…. Dog Vader!
    Laddos idea and we thought it a better bet than the other choice which was ripjaw!!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Fenton?

monkeychild
    Free Member

Prophet and Mohammed??

maccruiskeen

Knackers

mucker

I remember a local family when I was growing up had a Labrador called Ameer, easy recall.

BrickMan

Clive!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 161 total)

The topic ‘Comedy dog names’ is closed to new replies.