Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 161 total)
  • Comedy dog names
  • DaRC_L

so our Cat was ill (minor fortunately) but once she’s gone we’ll probably get a dog. My son & his mate then started thinking of dog names, particularly with a view to me having to call the dog back.
    They came up with…

C**kgobbler

Just wondering what the STW hive mind can come up with?

IHN

If I had an alsation I’d call it Alan.

Speshpaul

“wait for it”

but i’d get a whistle if i were you.

(Top tip, get a dog now, the cat may move on/off quicker)

yunki
    Free Member

My last dog was officially named lady brankstaff luck III but we always called her Piggy **** face

bigbloke
    Free Member

We have friends whose family terrier is female and called…….Jeff, it makes me chuckle everytime they call her. No idea why they called her that (and it was years before the online Jeff craze that’s popped up).

Android
    Free Member

A friend of mines neighbour had a great dane called Colin.

Still makes me grin 25 years later.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Mate’s family had a Shihtzu called Peter when I was growing up.

slowoldman

How about “Bike Forum”?

BigJohn

Syndrome.

wilko1999
    Free Member

I want to call our whippet and lurcher Gannet Street-Porter and Dustbin Timberlake, but its too late, they’ve already got boring names.

njee20
    Free Member

Friend has a Westie called Dave. As exhibited by this thread, clearly we’re all amused by animals with really mundane human names!

lunge

Fetch or Ian.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

These dogs with human names .. Alan, Colin, Jeff etc.

Imagning if these type of names were used for babies now….

“You’ve had a baby boy. Wow congrats”

“Yeah you’ll have to come around and see baby Keith”

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

My mum has 2 standard poodles… I named them Toto and Dotty 😛

13thfloormonk

The parents dead-fish-eating, faeces-rolling, carpet-vomitting labrador is officially called ‘Oban Sunset Princess’. ‘Lucy’ for short thankfully.

The old owner of Oban Bicycles had a pinscher called Mr Yammy, always amused me.

cyclelife
    Free Member

Roger – as in fall about comment on leaving the pub – “sorry guys I’ve got to get home to Roger the dog” 😉

jools182
    Free Member

my brother had a staffordshire called Natasha

oliverracing

Not really comedy – but a guy in my village has a dog called Lucy (and has had her for about 8-10 years). His current girlfriend is also called Lucy. I imagine that can get a little confusing…

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

My next door neighbour has a Hungarian Rizla* called Keith. Or more like ‘Keef’.

*Possibly not the correct spelling

ElShalimo

We used to camp on a farm on the Lleyn Peninsula in the early 80s and they had 3 sheepdogs all called “Dog”
    My Dad asked the farmer’s wife why they were all called Dog and she said she didn’t have time to mess about calling 3 names. Weirdly it seemed to work

Northwind

IHN – Member

If I had an alsation I’d call it Alan.

One of my colleagues had an Alsation called Zebra, because he liked Alistair Maclean

chambord
    Free Member

When I was growing up my dog was called “Dog”. It was the only name it would come to 🙂

drewd

These dogs with human names .. Alan, Colin, Jeff etc.

Imagning if these type of names were used for babies now….

“You’ve had a baby boy. Wow congrats”

“Yeah you’ll have to come around and see baby Keith”

Our Border Collie was named Dylan. Whilst he was a puppy, about 5 years ago we were training him using his name and discovered that our next door neighbours son had made a new friend in school. His name was also Dylan. The dog got a bit confused when the neighbour and his friends were playing in their back garden during the summer holidays.

If we get another dog we would consider naming it Pantera, or Genghis.

nostoc
    Free Member

My favourite comedy dog name is Senor Alec Thompson

ekul
    Free Member

My dad decided to name his female jackapoo ‘Walmsley’ 🙂 . Nobody to this day can understand why or where that name came from.

He’s really protective over it though and nearly punched an old fella in Ulverston who laughed in his face and told him it was the stupidest name he’d ever heard when he asked what the name was and my dad told him.

binners

Android – Member
    A friend of mines neighbour had a great dane called Colin.

Still makes me grin 25 years later.

Colin is a brilliant name for a dog. That man family on Gogglebox who have loads of dogs…. I think they’re called Colin, Trevor, Alan and Dave

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Our springador puppy was originally named Derek by his breeders which I thought was a great name but was sadly overruled. He’s now called Lucas.

(any excuse to post a pup pic)

john_drummer
    Free Member

reminds me many years ago I saw a Far Side cartoon by Gary Larson, two dogs talking to each other.
    One says “my name is Argblar, Destroyer of Cats, but my humans call me Rover”

Cougar

Mate of mine has a dog called Wordsworth. His missus likes it because she thinks it’s classy, highbrow and literary. He named it after the dog in Jamie and the Magic Torch.

If I had a dog I’d call it ‘Jesus’, then when the JWs come knocking asking me if I’ve found Jesus I can say “yeah, he’s in the kitchen.”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Two options for you
    NBoogie. So, when it’s jumped on the sofa, you can yell, “Get down, Nboogie!”

Or….

Myface. That way, when it’s lagging behind you in the park, you can shout out, “Come on, Myface!”

sandwicheater

We have friends whose family terrier is female and called…….Jeff

Our bitch (called Bramble) was to have this name if I’d had my way. I was overruled.

chambord
    Free Member

Colin is a brilliant name for a dog.

Reminds me of the one from Spaced.

Cougar

called…….Jeff

That’s a great name for a pedigree dog if you also have a mongrel.

Cos, then they’d be Mutt ‘n’ Jeff.

cjr61

Good friends have a Collie called Colin. Makes me smile!

MoreCashThanDash

Any small cute cuddly dogs should be called Tyson, Sabre or Arnie.

RoterStern
    Free Member

We’ve got two dogs (well one now actually as one sadly died last year) which we rescued from the streets of Taiwan. One is called NiHau (chinese for hello) and the other ByeBye (also used informally in chinese).Used to get some classic looks when I called them to heel in the park in Taiwan.

Milkie
    Free Member

I’m just going to list all the animals I have had over the years, I think there are some comedy names here:

Brambles, Liberty, Rhubarb
    DJ, Scaramanga
    Cecil, Cedrick
    Lightening
    Roger, Ralph
    Chaos, Bedlam, Mayhem
    Twizzle, Thunder, Shadow, Storm
    Cloud, Rain

…Just realised this thread is dog names.. 😳
    Only two are dog names, but you probably can’t guess what animals they are, especially Cecil & Cedrick

Scapegoat

My next door neighbour has a Hungarian Rizla* called Keith. Or more like ‘Keef’.

*Possibly not the correct spelling

Does it like to roll?

ThePinkster

Monty Don’s dog is called Nigel which always makes me smile.

I wanted to call one of our Springers Dave but got overruled 🙁 He’s now called Rolo 😕

One of the best names I’ve heard though is Deefer, as in Deefer Dog.

How about Youlilgit? as in Get off the sofa, ‘Youlilgit!’

goon
    Free Member

I know a wolfhound called Dave, seems even more amusing when it’s a giant thing called that. Other’s we meet include a lurcher called Russell (“We call him Russ for short”) whippets Arthur and Gordon and a chihuahua called Zorro.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 161 total)

The topic ‘Comedy dog names’ is closed to new replies.