Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 161 total)
  • Comedy dog names
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Used to have a GSD called Onza. Current staffie cross is names Bailey but normally called “stinky”.

Heard of a dog called “cerberus”. Not that funny, until you find out its a beagle.

hora
    Free Member

Our dog was called Bingo. The new owner calls him ‘bings’.

Our future dog (Border Terrier) will be called Elvis. I was toying with the idea of Jesus. Imagine shouting his name in the park :mrgreen:

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Mate of mine has a cat called Peanut Head.

I used to have a dog who would usually respond to pretty much anything I called him. Hampton, Ricky and Fat Heed were his usual titles.

willard

My two spaniels are called Ted and Ralph. I am very concerned about the status of the drainage in the lower field though, despite Ted spending most of his time there.

Dickyboy

Friend had a black lab called Goose, not sure why

Crazy Alan of the fatbike fraternity has a dog called Deefa, yes as in D for dog

Neighbour never got round to naming their dog so it got called Puppy all it’s life

torsoinalake
    Free Member

My uncle had a dog called Kat.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

A friend of mine had a dog called Cat. It never answered to that name so she bought a whistle and it would come back to the whistle. Eventually, it died and, after a while she got another dog. She took it out for a walk with her young son and when it was time to go home, she told her son to whistle for it. Not having the whistle, and not being able to whistle, he shouted “Whistle”. The dog came, the name stuck.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Our dog is over twelve years old and still called “puppy”.

Northwind

I might get a black dog and call him Depression

chakaping
    Free Member

Two-syllable names are best apparently. How about Eileen?

Good for comedy recall situations.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

If I had a dog I’d call it ‘Jesus’, then when the JWs come knocking asking me if I’ve found Jesus I can say “yeah, he’s in the kitchen.”

Surely better to say “yeah, he’s chained to a tree in the back garden”

Tracey

Our first Border Collie was called Surf and latest addition is called Fin

theotherjonv

My mate has a Border terrier called Andy. It’s always been called Andy, he got it as a semi-rescue dog from a farm once he (the dog) was too old to be an effective ratter, and the name obviously came with him.

Thing is, my mate’s surname is Hamilton, which makes the dog Andy Hamilton. And the real Andy Hamilton bears more than a passing resemblance to a border terrier.

Andy Hamilton

A border terrier

Or is that just me?

yunki
    Free Member

After an interesting conversation with my other half this morning I’m going to suggest Ventouse Yapooze

biglee1

My Dads last labrador was called Clampett 😀 he used to be dead embarrassed when he first got it and had to shout of it lol!
    Mates aunties dog was called hey 😀

ex father in law always had 2 dogs and they were always called sam and ben, ffs no imagination!

nickc

we also had a dog called Cat, and a hamster called racing car.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I always find certain mundane human names amusing once given to a dog.

First one we met was a young I think Staffie over Braunton Burrows. Came bounding up to greet us..

“lovely dog, what’s his name?”
    ” ‘Dave’, don’t ask”

Had his name been, say, Arthur or Harry I wouldn’t have batted an eyelid, and they probably wouldn’t have asked me not to ask.

Cougar

and a hamster called racing car.

Appropriate to this parish, we have a hamster called Cavendish.

Lifer
    Free Member

Golden Retriever called Maddie.

funkrodent

That’s a great name for a pedigree dog if you also have a mongrel.

Cos, then they’d be Mutt ‘n’ Jeff

Well that’s the thing. We have a large and boisterous Lab/Collie cross (I believe that Collador is the name, but you’ll never catch me using it) who is a rescue. The missus changed her name to Bonnie so that when we got a second one she could call it Clyde. A few weeks ago we met a bloke with two black Labs called – You guessed it! – Bonnie and Clyde. The missus was gutted 😀

When I was a student we got burgled a couple of times. Me and my mate took an executive decision (without consulting the other four housemates) to get a dog. We got this enormous Ridgeback / Greyhound cross (Ridgehound?) from the dogs home. His given name was Tippy, and Tippy he stayed for the following 7 years until he passed away at the grand old age of approximately 16.

Best dog I ever had (no offence to the current dog in case she’s reading this). At first he wouldn’t bark (freaked out because of being in a new home, poor beast) and the other housemates ostracised him (and us “You can’t even look after yourselves, how are you going to look after a dog!”). Then one night, after we’d had him a few weeks, the two girls were passed out in the sitting room after a night clubbing. Camilla wakes up in the early hours, on the sofa under the front window, with the dog stood over her – feet on the ground and paws on the windowsill (he was a big old dog) – barking like mad. She half sits up and there are two hoodies looking in through the window looking shocked at the sight of this slavering beast. After that he could do no wrong. We put a sign up in the window saying “Yeas that’s right, we now have a big, aggressive black dog, so f@5k off and burgle someone else” and Camilla used to make special trips to the butcher to get him bones!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Blackear?

As in “Come Bleackear”

A friend of mine had a boygoose called Mahatma.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

I have known two Jack Russells called Napoleon.
    Suited them both.
    Mine is called Florence.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

And I think the other dog mentioned was a Vizla. But Rizla the Vizla is pretty golden.

If I had a Dachshund, I’d call him Kingskin. Or OCB.

mega
    Free Member

my brother had a staffordshire called Natasha

Friends used to have a terrier called Natasha. It used to rub it’s lady parts and backside on the carpet.

They were always shouting at the dog “Natasha stop mingeing!”

Made me chuckle but I suspect you had to be there..

JEngledow
    Free Member

These dogs with human names .. Alan, Colin, Jeff etc.

Imagning if these type of names were used for babies now….

The heir to the throne is named after our dog (or at least they have the same name and the dog was here first)!

rumple
    Free Member

our golden retriever is called Albert.

got a mate who’s cat is called Megatron. good work

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

I was reading Country Life at the doctor’s the other day. It had an article about Border Terriers. One owner, a lawyer, had four, called Gossip, Rumour, Slander and Libel.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Neighbours future daughter in law has just inherited two odd looking dogs with no fur . Like handbag dogs. One of them escaped from the neighbours house when they were looking after them both. He went searching for it, round the houses, through the park, in the local estates, asking people…………. shouting out ‘ Poofy ‘ ! 😯
    Allegedly raised a few eyebrows in the park !!
    Was found eventually, but got knocked by a car and is quite poorly sadly……….

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Didn’t someone post recently asking if a dog would learn a new name? He liked his dog’s name so much he wanted to call his new born son the same,but didn’t want any confusion…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Someone somewhere must have a dog called Myface

AndyRT
    Free Member

Good dog names:

Hello
    Morning
    Ploppy

DaRC_L

😆 some great names there
    As we will be getting a Whippet#
    I want it called Devo

#when the cat passes (she’s officially called Pussy BTW which is a reason never to let a 2 year old name an animal, her daughter was called Socks, I suggest you don’t google that combination with safe search off)

scotlandthedave
    Free Member

If we get another puppy it will be getting called Shackleton, on the basis his older brother will take him on adventures into almost certain danger.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

My mate had a neighbour, her dog was named Tina Turner.

theotherjonv

I want a beagle, and to call it Jeremy. the wife’s having none of it.

Or a Red Setter, called Hucknall.

McHamish
    Free Member

We had a cat registered as Rodney, but we called him Dave.

That would suit a dog I think.

boxelder

Posh mate at Uni in Sheffield called his ‘trouble at mill’. Looked a right tw4t stood in the park shouting that in his public school accent.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Biggles.

therevokid
    Free Member

buddy used to have a greyhound cross called “Toe” ….. !

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

As in?

Toecutter

or

Toebiter?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 161 total)

The topic ‘Comedy dog names’ is closed to new replies.