Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Coed y brenin
  • Danno72
    Free Member

Heading to Holyhead for a wedding this weekend and thinking about calling in on Coed y brenin on the way home. Thing is I’ll have the family in tow and was wondering if there is enough in the area to keep them entertained while I have a blast on the bike? A 5 and 3 year old and will have there bikes ( balance bike and one with pedals ), was thinking they might have a kids trail/play area? Is there a decent cafe they could hang in for a bit? Failing that is there anywhere they could drive to in the area? Any suggestions welcome as it would be a real pity not to ride Coed y brenin while I’m in the area. Also what trail is the best? Was thinking of the beast? Cheers.

nickjb
    Free Member

The cafe is OK and there is a family friendly trail. Might just about be enough. Ffestiniog railway is just up the road and there are a few other touristy things around.

martinhutch

Probably enough to keep them happy while you do one of the trails, although I would have thought Beast is pushing it unless you’re quite quick. MBR (18K) shouldn’t take much more than an hour and a half. Tarw isn’t much longer than that.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Was at Coed Y yesterday with the wife the new Blue is great fun and ideal for peeps who don’t have too many skills and a good bike, the Beast is a good trail 38Km and 1800m climbing and some fun obstacles , the Cafe is great highly recommend the Dragons back burger minted lamb :D, we rode the blue twice , the wife really liked it and she hates biking that involves climbing 😀

maurizio
    Free Member

Yeah should be fine! the family trail is plenty long enough – although perhaps a bit rough on push bikes? There’s also a cafe, which does excellent food drinks and snacks. Plus there are walking paths, which might suit them better?

stevied
    Free Member

And there is Go Ape too..

Danno72
    Free Member

Cool! Festiniog railway sounds like a winner and might just give me enough time to do the beast? Sweeeet!

Danno72
    Free Member

Dragons back is looking like the more sensible trail. It’s all coming together……

beiciwr64
    Free Member

Coed y Brenin has a small activty park,swings,slides and small climbing frame,cafe is good.They also have activies for kids during the summer maybe they still do on weekends.
    The Afon route is for families and small kids,basically a forest road,balance bike will be ok on it but a bit of an uphill trek back to the centre.
    Ffestiniog railway is good but for young kids might be a bit long in my view,forecast is good so stunning scenery.
    Can i suggest Portmeirion 20 mins from CYB,kids love it there,shops cafes and very nice walks.

timmys

Cool! Festiniog railway sounds like a winner and might just give me enough time to do the beast? Sweeeet!

If the family are going there then you’re closer to Antur Stiniog than CYB if you fancy treating yourself to an uplift day (the Blue and Red are great on a trail bike).

diawl2
    Free Member

King Arthur’s Labyrinth near Corris. My kids loved it and you can pick up some ‘interesting’ items in the leather goods shop at the craft centre.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Coed y brenin’ is closed to new replies.