Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cock at Pooley Bridge
  • excitable1
    Free Member

I spend a lot of time trying to maintain good relations with walkers, making sure I slow down for them, helping them out if their lost, saying hello to them as I ride past etc etc.

..and today was no exception. I had a good rapport going with a bunch elderly walkers who I met at the the top of Patterdale and then met again at the end of High Street above Pooley Bridge (apparently I have small cogs !) and helped another elderly couple who were completely lost on the top of High Street.

However, as I was coming down the final descent into Pooley Bridge I went past a women on the opposite side of the 4m wide path (giving her a wide birth) and her scrawny Yorkshire Terrier who she had hold of yelped like I’d run over the bloody thing as I rode past her. Subsequently her fat husband who was further down the hill decided to cross over to my side of the bridleway and hold his arms out and told me to slow down. I skirted round him and kept going and resisted the temptation to say anything but now I’m back…..

**** off you fat ****, you’re on a **** bridle path. You’re one of those tight **** bastards that park at the bottom of the Bridleway instaed of parking in Pooley Bridge and paying the **** fee that keeps the **** bridleway maintained that your **** ruining with your fat **** weight. Futher more I passed loads of **** dog shite up there today and I bet you didn’t bring any bags to pick up the shite from your rat faced dog. **** you bastard !!!

In my head he can hear me but imagine he doesn’t read Singletrack !

Bregante

I was in Pooley Bridge today, not riding again yet though 🙁 Did the yorkie have one of those lampshades on it’s head ? ( wasn’t me btw)…

speckledbob
    Free Member

Well, i have completely misunderstood the title of the thread.

excitable1
    Free Member

Speckledbob… Would it have made a difference if I’d called it ‘Fanny in Pooley Bridge’ or maybe even ‘Arse in Pooley Bridge’ !

Bregante… no lamp shade. Why are you not riding ?

angryratio
    Free Member

for use of masked expletives i give you 6/10

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

speckledbob – Member
    Well, i have completely misunderstood the title of the thread.

🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A delight of a rant. Well done.

excitable1
    Free Member

The masked expletives are automatic. I had tried typing the Father Ted version of the f word but even that gets masked when you post.

Thanks for the **** complements guys !

Bregante

Been out for 7 months now recovering from a snapped patellar tendon. Saw a yappie little yorkie on an Ullswater steamer today being carried by a woman in her 50’s. Nasty little git went for my 4 yr old sons face as she waddled past. Good job it didn’t or it would be swimming with the fishies now.

Bregante

…. And yet speckledbob, you still clicked on the link eh? 🙂

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Ride up in the lakes most weekends and I generally find it’s the low level trails that contain the worst walkers. You know the sort the ” weekend warriors” with all the gear and no idea. On the high level routes the walkers and bikers tend to be more “dedicated” who seem to have a mutual appreciation for each other. A good example of this was when we did high street last year. On the top all the walkers were happy and talkative, on the ullswater singletrack they were all miserable so and so’s.

RustySpanner

I skirted round him and kept going and resisted the temptation to say anything but now I’m back…..

You sir are a gentleman.

Not just for resisting the temptation to have a go there and then, but also for not posting one of those tedious, self congratulatory
    ‘I’m not very intelligent, please suggest something offensive and unpleasant for me to pretend I thought up on the the spur of the moment next time I can’t cope with real life intruding into my private fantasy world’ threads.

excitable1
    Free Member

Well thank you Rusty Spanner. I feel I now have the moral high ground and rather than swearing like Father Jack from Father Ted I have the smug look of Mrs Boyle when she wins a moral victory.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cock at Pooley Bridge’ is closed to new replies.