Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cobblers
  • RudiBoy
    Free Member

So, any one know a good cobbler.

Have a set of loaks that are in need of mending due to uneven heal wear.

They have been back to Loaks 3 times so they will not take them any more, but I think there is life left in them as its only the heal.

Thank you

Yak

Surely there’s a decent local cobbler in your town. I can’t think of somewhere I lived where I haven’t had a decent cobbler within 10mins or so.

RudiBoy
    Free Member

Town is over an hour away so easier to post… the only option in town is a timpsons. I have not used them since they messed up a pair a few years ago.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

These guys were recommended to me by Alfred Sargent, although I have a local guy. Shoe Healer

midlifecrashes

There’s a good place on the end of Scot Lane in Doncaster, can’t remember the name. The guy in the indoor market(Irish Middle Market) is good too.

footflaps

Surely there’s a decent local cobbler in your town. I can’t think of somewhere I lived where I haven’t had a decent cobbler within 10mins or so.

Seem to be les and less, one at the end of our road closed this year and is now a hair salon – making that 15 hair salons in the same road!

RudiBoy
    Free Member

TWC – will give them a call. Seem to be the same place that midlifecrashes suggested.

foot flaps exactly. They seem to be in decline.

lunge

I know a good place in Stourbridge if that helps? Not sure where in the country you are.

RudiBoy
    Free Member

lunge. If you have the name of the place I can look them up and give them a call .

km79
    Free Member

So, any one know a good cobbler.

The best!

lunge

A quick good reveals it’s called Rite-Way, 01384 394976. I always assumed it was just called “that cobblers and general repairer place at the bottom of town”. Clearly not…

Call Piccadilly Cobbler, tel: 07581 292805 too. They’re in central Brum and have a good reputation.

RudiBoy
    Free Member

Thanks Lunge . I will look them up

CountZero

Seem to be les and less, one at the end of our road closed this year and is now a hair salon – making that 15 hair salons in the same road!

You’d think there would be a decent cobbler there to repair all the shoes worn out walking between all the hair salons!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cobblers’ is closed to new replies.