Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • C'mon England please!! Who's watching?
  • deluded
    Free Member

BOOM!

Tracker1972
    Free Member

That was pretty good too… Game seems to have come alive since I started watching. Maybe I should more often…

spud-face

I agree with A. Townsend Sr – kicking a ball with his weak foot is the bravest act a man may perform. Truly heroic.

Bell-end commentator aside – good goal!

camo16
    Free Member

Never in question… Happy days, eh?

Rockape63
    Free Member

Great performance from Townsend and I’m a Gooner

Well done to Woy for picking a winning team, now let’s finish the job and put Poland to the sword.

nickjb
    Free Member

A. Townsend Sr – kicking a ball with his weak foot is the bravest act a man may perform. Truly heroic.

That would be a stupid thing to say but he didn’t actually say that, though. Cracking goal. Good performance

athgray
    Free Member

My low boredom threshold kicked in at half time. Never mind, saw a terrific documentary about Mike Oldfield. Sounds like the second half was more interesting though.

johndoh
    Free Member

Another shocking performance really. Where were Lampard and Gerrard? I don’t know how I keep watching it.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Townsend Live at Leeds us to Rio!

the sun are gonna struggle for better headline than that!!

taxi25
    Free Member

Johndo. I’m Welsh England won 4 .1!!!With fan’s like you they deserve F all !!!
    Over the border we dream of qualification for a tournament.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Who cares!!! To all you nay
    sayers piss off!
    7 of us off to wembeeerlly on tues night to seal those tickets to rio! However we’ll hopefully catch some Belgian cyclocross on the way down to London on the radio 😉

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

PingBall Wizards – Townsend leads England rout!!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

England leave MontyDonEgro depressed!

theotherjonv

Dross and Disappointment? Not this time – it’s Elation Andros!

trailmonkey

i thought we played well in parts. lots of plus points. can’t really understand why wilshere didn’t start ahead of lampard or wellbeck as he’s being playing out wide for arsenal, but as usual wellbeck did very well for england.
    thought walker was outstanding, pity he got booked but he looks like he could potentially be england’s best player for years to come. fantastic pace and always really positive.
    i thought we were pacy, mobile and at the end of the day we’ve won a qualifier by 3 goals. anyone who thinks there’s anything negative in that thinks about football differently to me.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Look on the bright side England fans. You could be RoI supporter and see your side simply swatted out of the way last night by admittedly, the best side in Europe at the moment (between them and Spain of course, but I’d rather watch Germany play any day). 🙁 Jeez, we’re having a ‘mare these last few years. Can’t see a way forward for the next set of qualifiers either. Meh.

Anyway, I shall be supporting my favourite yerpean side when it comes to Brazil. Deutschland uber alles!! 😀

And hoping that a) Les Cheating B’stards don’t qualify or b) if they do they give us another show of abject humiliation and embarrassment, flying home early on a charter plane like they did from South Africa. 🙂

trailmonkey

dd – i wonder if the new regs that the (english) fa are likely to enforce to help our national team will help the other british isles teams or will scotland/wales/ireland players be excluded along with other non english nationals ? be interesting to see how that plays out.

funnily enough i saaw a quote from walter winterbotton in the 50s bemoaning the amount of british isles others playing in england and how that affected his choices.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I can’t see clearly enough through the tears at the moment tm. 🙁 I’ll have a think about it when I’ve cheered up (maybe when France fail to qualify) 🙂

I hadn’t really thought about those rules tbh. I would think they’d make exceptions for the “Home Nations”, but whether RoI players would be included is probably moot right now. Given that they could be “English” up to U21 level, then declare for Ireland after a slap from their mammy…

I dunno…what are the new rules or have they not been carved in stone yet?

trailmonkey

nothing decided yet and ultimately nothing will happen that offends the sensibilities of those fighting for the champions league places.

but it should have a bearing on the other british (geographic sense obviously)isles teams. it would be very blinkered of the fa to ignore the massive influence that scotland/wales/ireland players have had on the english league – think of the liverpool and leeds sides of the 70s and 80s. the england team and league benefits massively from strong neighbours.

of course i could go off on one here as this crisis is directly linked to dark neo-liberal economic forces but i’ll resist 😉

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘C'mon England please!! Who's watching?’ is closed to new replies.