Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Clearly the government were right not to dredge
  • crikey
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26111598

‘Swollen Thames threatens thousands of Conservative voters’…

“It’s starting to back up into the toilet – it’s like going back to the dark ages,”

MrWoppit
    Free Member

So we need to plant trees on hills but landowners won’t because of the EU subsidies. What is the solution? More nuanced subsidies?

Less EU…

pk13

Now Surry voters are affected just wait for the powers at be to spring into action. You won’t hear any mps talking about sacrifice of people’s land and homes for the greater good in Surry I’m sure.

footflaps

You couldn’t make it up!

Having started the whole ‘pass the buck’ / blame game by blaming the EA for everything, he now wants the public’s credit for stopping the blame game….

Communities Secretary Eric Pickles has rejected Labour claims the government has tried to “pass the buck” in its response to the floods crisis.

He said it was time to end the “pathetic game of who is to blame” amid reports of infighting among ministers, including Mr Pickles himself.

Yesterday they were ‘so called experts’ who miss lead the government and the country and today:

“My admiration for the Environment Agency exceeds no-one,” he said. “It is time for all of us to work together and not to make silly party political points.”

Pigface
    Free Member

I wonder if Woppet will do a U turn like Pickles

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I bet you’re gripped with anticipation. I refer the Honourable Gentleman to my previous comment. Scroll up. Keep up.

On Pickles – it looks like CallMeDave has had him in for a spanking in the interim. 😆

honeybadgerx

Perhaps we should send the not so honourable mr pickles to the channel islands. I dare say with his bulk he’ll have an effect similar to that of the moon and draw all the floodwater into the sea.

Edric64
    Free Member

On Pickles – it looks like CallMeDave has had him in for a spanking in the interim.

I read that as a spanking by an intern !

footflaps

I’m quite impressed that Chris Smith has stood his ground and made Pickles look like a fool (well OK, that’s not too hard as Pickles looks like one all the time).

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Clearly the government were right not to dredge’ is closed to new replies.