Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cleaning rough slate floor – what steam cleaner?
  • large418
    Free Member

My kitchen has a rough slate tile floor that was sealed when I laid it 5 years ago, but is now looking tired (2 dogs, 3 kids, and a rural existance), so I need to give it a deep clean. I don’t want to wreck the kitchen/skirting board etc, so am thinking that a steam cleaner with a brush attachment would be good. I have no experience of these, and it looks like there’s hundreds out there ranging from £30 to £300. Budget is about £80. What’s good and what should I avoid?

Thanks folks.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

I do mine with the stuff from Fired Earth, works a treat and the floor gets shiny and very slippery as a result.

onandon
    Free Member

We use a Vax s2s for the very same thing. Good prices on eBay and it does a bloody good job.
    Also use it on wooden flooring without damage.

Helios
    Free Member

Funnily enough, I’ve been looking at this and ordered one of these Karcher steam cleaners yesterday. No experience of it yet obviously – but it seems to get far more positive than negative reviews and Karcher have pretty good build quality.

It’s going to be put to use all weekend cleaning up after we’ve had the builders in all over our tiled floors and (if i dare) it might even get used on a few bits of the parquet that suffered with builder boots near the front door.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cleaning rough slate floor – what steam cleaner?’ is closed to new replies.