Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • cleaning drivetrain
  • jonnyrockymountain

Usually take off chain/cassette and give a good clean once a month as well as general cleaning after every ride, but what’s best product out there to leave cassette and chain in to eliminate all the hard scrubbing with the brushes?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Ultimate Bike Solution might do you. A few threads on it recently worth a read.

EDIT Sorry, do you mean to soak it in? I have maybe misread.

Tallpaul
    Free Member

Petrol is slightly dangerous, so white spirit is probably best.

medoramas
    Free Member

Muc-Off Drivetrain Cleaner, chain cleaning device, a brush and a bit of clean water.

No “taking off” procedure required, nice and clean within minutes. Wipe dry, re-lube and go make it dirty again! 8)

scruff
    Free Member

Screwfix degreaser big tub very cheap. Lightly brush on chain & cassette, spin it for a bit with & wash off before it soaks into cassette bearings.

NW rings are a bugger for holding onto the oily sludge build up if not cleaned regularly.

mrblobby
    Free Member

White spirits here.

gren
    Free Member

Muc-Off Drivetrain Cleaner, chain cleaning device, a brush and a bit of clean water.

This stuff is great for cassettes, jockey wheels and chainrings. Then degreaser in a chain cleaner.

carlphillips
    Free Member

+1 thegreatape.

not cleaned or needed cleaning since the switch to UBS..

Tracey

I bought a gallon of Jizer in 1987 to clean our bikes drivetrain. Still got some left, it works wonders. Been using White Lightening dry lube for years so don’t need to clean the drivetrain that often.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Does nobody use Scotoiler anymore?

doubledunter
    Free Member

Does nobody use Scotoiler anymore?

Personally I wasnt impressed by it tbh :/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘cleaning drivetrain’ is closed to new replies.