Home Forums Chat Forum Classifieds repetition

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Classifieds repetition
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

I’ve spotted the same advert posted 17 times so far. I’m sure there’s a phrase about repeating the same actions and expecting different results.

stevied
    Free Member

JRM?

squirrelking
    Free Member

<p>I’m surprised you managed to notice. Maybe if the classifieds board wasn’t such a shit-show people wouldn’t feel the need to repost because their ad effectively became invisible after a couple of days. Even a working search function that spews out results newer than 2 years old would be an improvement.</p>

DezB
    Free Member

Just the classifieds board..? </p></p></p></p></p></p>

wwaswas

17? Amateurs.

This hub had it’s own meme.

Mister-P
    Free Member

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’ve spotted the same advert posted 17 times so far.

Did they actually manage to repost it or just a link? Damn that annoys me, is copy pasting a link really soooo much easier than a block of text? [Especially as it’s only going to be plain text snce they couldn’t include photos in the first instance because that’s also beyond their little brain]

Edit

repeating the same actions and expecting different results.

In the sellers defence this is proven to get you £250 over a 9 year time frame

Jamie
    Free Member

Did they actually manage to repost it or just a link? Damn that annoys me, is copy pasting a link really soooo much easier than a block of text?

See my response to your post here.

Mister-P
    Free Member

19 times.  The same advert 19 times.

Cougar

Did they actually manage to repost it or just a link? Damn that annoys me

Report them.  Lazy links aren’t permitted.

Maybe if the classifieds board wasn’t such a shit-show people wouldn’t feel the need to repost because their ad effectively became invisible after a couple of days.

How else would you have it?  So that people can perpetually bump their post to the top of the page every 15 minutes?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Cougar – it’d be nice if you could effectively search for what you want to buy. You used to be able to, but now if you do you get a load of results from years ago first. So you scour the front page, don’t see what you want and give up.

I will admit to posting the same advert 4 times lately, but it’s a niche product and the market’s small. And I’ve at least had the sense to lop £50 off the price.

theotherjonv

Is it the one about the Shimano RP300 road shoes in size 44, complete with cleats, for a bargain price?

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/shimano-road-shoes-rp300-size-44/

somouk
    Free Member

Would be better to be able to filter the contents to a part type or section such as frames, wheels, drivetrain, brakes to reduce the number of pages to navigate through.

If they’ve had to post multiple times I’m guessing it is over priced.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Nice work TOJV, I like your stealthiness.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

23c is dead

All the cool kids are on 28’s now.

Drac

buy. You used to be able to, but now if you do you get a load of results from years ago first.

Select sort by date instead of relevance.

scruff
    Free Member

Search is terrible and you cant paste anything copied from another interwebz.

scruff
    Free Member

Actually, search is worse then terrible, its still broken. I put classifieds in with the search term and still get front page hits only.

Drac

Use the search above the forum itself. Although today it appears to show no results.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Select sort by date instead of relevance.

I just went to try this (despite the search results page being headed by the phrase”sorted by dated) because that’s not always been the remedy as there’s all sorts of outliers and actually the search function currently isn’t working at all. No results given for any search terms.

Drac

See above.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Sorry, I’d written that post about the same time as yours but then went to check on my phone that it wasn’t me that was broken but the forum (which it inevitably was).

theotherjonv

It’s not stealthy – it’s a blatant attempt to highlight that someone’s selling some RP300 shoes with cleats for a bargain price ;-)

hooli

Dont you want some GP4000’s brand new in box, dont you want some GP4000’s brand new in box, dont you want some GP4000’s brand new in box, dont you want some GP4000’s brand new in box, dont you want some GP4000’s brand new in box, dont you want some GP4000’s brand new in box, dont you want some GP4000’s brand new in box, dont you want some GP4000’s brand new in box, dont you want some GP4000’s brand new in box, dont you want some GP4000’s brand new in box, dont you want some GP4000’s brand new in box, dont you want some GP4000’s brand new in box, dont you want some GP4000’s brand new in box,

etc…

tomhoward

Looking at his posting history, hes nothing if not persistant. Over the last 6 years hes advertised maybe a dozen things. Lots. Of. Times.

And never posted anywhere but the classifieds. Thats a content creator right there…

theotherjonv

They sound ideal for a road cyclist. Maybe one with size 44 feet, looking for some RP300’s at a bargain price?

Jamie
    Free Member

I reckon if they just wrote their email address properly they’d get a sale.

fooman

I’m sure I’ve already seen a thread about this.

Drac

I’m sure I’ve already seen a thread about this.

Trying searching it’s back.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Maybe a hepful hint on his post?

He’s not going to be reading this…

tomhoward

Having looked at when others tried, I don’t think he’s one for graciously accepting hints and tips…

footflaps

In the old days the forum would just lynch people who re-posted, but they just start another thread to moan about it…

I blame Thatcher.

funkmasterp

I’m looking for a pair GP4000’s in a size 44, preferably brand new and boxed. Anyone know of any going at a great price?

tdog
    Free Member

Hows about those pesky laxy linking users to PB.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Maybe if the classifieds board wasn’t such a shit-show people wouldn’t feel the need to repost because their ad effectively became invisible after a couple of days.

How else would you have it?  So that people can perpetually bump their post to the top of the page every 15 minutes?

Why would that be helpful? That would just be the same problem in a different guise.

No, I’m talking about actually providing a working search function, as someone already said after I did in my OP, or organising the board according to what bits people are selling. Waa waa it wont work, it works fine, if it’s priced right it will sell, scream, stamp feet, take huff, me no like change etc. But, at the end of the day, the classifieds are shit. If they would sort them then I wouldn’t take issue with non-subscribers being charged to sell such is the audience they have (f*** a duck, look, another revenue source!). It’s worth noting the the Descent-World and SDH classifieds worked well in a complete/frame & fork/drivetrain/wheels/brakes/others format for years and that Pinkbike has the filtering options. Moreso, all of the above had a working search function that worked for anyone and wouldn’t decide to not perform when Drac is trying to prove it’s actually once again the user that is at fault.

Drac

Drac is trying to prove it’s actually once again the user that is at fault.

Where did I do that?

What exactly do you mean by non-members being charged?

squirrelking
    Free Member

<div class=”st-topic-reply “>
    <div class=”loop-item-18 user-id-567 bbp-parent-forum-180317 bbp-parent-topic-10158056 bbp-reply-position-19 odd post-10172729 reply type-reply status-publish hentry”>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Second attempt, got 502’d.

Actually, search is worse then terrible, its still broken. I put classifieds in with the search term and still get front page hits only.

</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Use the search above the forum itself. Although today it appears to show no results.

There you go, though was more of a comment on how you like to blame the user rather than admitting something is broken[/url]. Of course it’s his fault he used the wrong search box, what an idiot. . Whoops, didn’t work for you either. Of course I’m not the only one who sees this as normal[/url] (so my position must be correct, yes?)

As for charging, I mean charging either a “sub” or a single use fee for posting classified topics. Would be easy enough to implement if WordPress actually has a plugin that would allow it or just do it manually.

</div>

Mister-P
    Free Member

Isn’t posting “helpful hints” on a classified post frowned upon? Maybe even ban hammer territory?

squirrelking
    Free Member

^ LMAO, wtf is that code crap and where did it come from? Already removed everything leaving only the quoted text.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Classifieds repetition’ is closed to new replies.