Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • classified links to other sites. if you are selling then please try harder.
  • bobbyspangles

its lazy and careless.

if you can bothered to list it on another site then do it here.

make an effort and who knows, someone might buy your sh#t.

chakaping
    Free Member

Wow, is that the biggest of your problems today?

bobbyspangles

i am simply speaking from general concensus, nothing more.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i find it helpful.

pink bike link means STEER CLEAR 😆

bobbyspangles

btw chapaking, nice advert for the shifters etc.

I will take the xt ones please.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I don’t know why people can’t put photo’s in their advert too. They wouldn’t have to keep emailing photos to different people.
    Someone is selling a VW T4 tranporter at the moment. Big description and states

THIS VAN ALWAYS TURNS HEADS

but yet not one photo of this amazing van that turns heads

geoffj

but yet not one photo of this amazing van that turns heads

If like me you were sad enough to track it down on Gumtree, you would know why it turns heads!

PS Reference to the bonnet bra kinda gives it away!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

its lazy and careless.

if you can bothered to list it on another site then do it here.

make an effort and who knows, someone might buy your sh#t.

Totally agree. If YOU want money, YOU put the effort in.
    I sell a fair bit on here, more then most shall we say, and it’s soooooo easy to get it right.

Type out big advert on word processor
    Save it.
    Copy it.
    Paste it.

Somthing sells? Edit advert, save again, copy, paste.

Easy-bleedin’-peasy!

That’s one of my golden rules –
    a) Accurate, clear, informative advert. Answer all questions, offer refunds (Even if you just don’t like it) from the outset, in the advert.
    b) VERY good pics via a link in the ad (I don’t like lots of pics in the ad as they will be too small to be any use. Links to full size ones are a must)
    c) NEVER, EVER ask for Paypal gift.
    d) Give everyone you deal with your phone number.

bobbyspangles

I think it is rude and disrespectful to the people that put hard work into this site, also if you can add a link then why not a description or photos?

vinnyeh

personally, I’d have thought it was up to the seller to determine how they advertised their sh#t wares.

Irrespective of whether bobbyspangles, “speaking from general consensus” thinks it’s “lazy and careless”, or “rude and disrespectful”.

bobbyspangles

we will see who agrees and who doesn’t

smell_it
    Free Member

Yep, pinkbike is the third ring of hell, linking to it lets me know who to avoid. I’m happy they do it.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Meh

jamest
    Free Member

Moan moan moan

tonyd

I agree with vinnyeh – it’s up to the seller to advertise however he/she likes. It’s also up to the buyer wether or not he/she can be bothered to follow links, email for photos, etc.

If I’m looking to buy something and the advert doesn’t show me what I want pretty quickly I dismiss it and move on to the next, so a lazy seller may lose out but that’s their lookout. If an advert is interesting I will likely read on even if it doesn’t contain what I’m looking for, so a seller that puts in the effort might end up selling me something I didn’t want/need.

Personally, on the very rare occasion I sell something I make an effort similar to PP above. That way the folks that don’t want to clicky linky don’t have to and might buy my sh!t.

terrahawk
    Free Member

rude and disrespectful

chuckle

Accurate, clear, informative advert

yes boss

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve been having a clearout lately and stuff has been selling much better on PB.

Everyone I’ve sold to, and bought from, on there has been sound and I haven’t been ripped off.

Just saying.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘classified links to other sites. if you are selling then please try harder.’ is closed to new replies.