Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Citeh: Pep to take over at end of season
  • bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I think what is more interesting, is who will replace Arsene Wenger next year. All the main candidates now have jobs it seems. Maybe he will just keep on going till he beats Fergie’s record.

Only 7 years to go.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

bongohoohaa – Member

I think what is more interesting, is who will replace Arsene Wenger next year.

This is our concern. Myself and most of my gooner friends wanted Wenger to finish this year with the double and then Pep to take over. You have to dream.

People have mentioned the non flying dutchman, whereas Amy Lawrence believes it will be Thierry. I think it is very plausible

Rockape63
    Free Member

People have mentioned the non flying dutchman, whereas Amy Lawrence believes it will be Thierry. I think it is very plausible

Pure speculation for the sake of it……I’d suggest at this stage. I really can’t imagine either would be considered suitable, just because of their amazing playing careers. If Le Prof packed it in at the end of the season on a high ( 😯 ) there is only one candidate standing out currently.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

there is only one candidate standing out currently.

Rockape63
    Free Member

That is genius Bongo!

slimjim78
    Free Member

Was PG not found to have been on the performance juice during his playing days? I’d be very surprised if his Barca team weren’t also on roids, Spanish sport in general has been tainted for a while.
    I can’t get excited over his arrival for this reason. This plus the fact he would never have gone to Citeh in a million years if they didn’t have all the dollar.
    For me Klopp was the last great hope to salvage footballs soul – then he broke my heart by signing for the bin dippers. Still, at least he went there for footballing reasons, no other reason to go there when he could have had his pick of club.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Looking like Jose for MU then….

slimjim78
    Free Member

Seeing quotes of ‘Manchester football capital of the world’ is fun.

Wondering if Jose is a spent force. In which case he will probably fit in well at United after all.
    Despite criticism of his defensive strategy, his record at Real helps largely dismiss that belief. IMO he has one of the best football brains in the business, but doesn’t have the mental stability to back it up. At some point. Be it 6 months or 2 years, he will show his true colours and break down in a massive fit of patheticness

Junkyard
    Free Member

Jose wants the job but i dont think he is the right fit

His methods are confrontational – with his own players not the media other managers as Fergie did that- ad ultimately it will break down as he does somethign really stupid to keep the”tension” up that means he loses the players, the board, team and fans – blaming the doctor being the one this time at Chelsea

His style is functional and as the reception of LvG shows this is not enough – they may moan less if they are winning the league but they will never be truly happy with his methods

Basically he will do what he always does

Play defensively, win with low scores, antagonise everyone then eventually get sacked.

MSP

It will take united at least another 5 years to get past the myths of fergies success. Until then it isn’t an attractive prospect to a manager with options.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I’ll bite, ‘myths’ ?

Rockape63
    Free Member

Despite media reports to the contrary, I still don’t believe Man U will sink that low!

martinhutch

Despite media reports to the contrary, I still don’t believe Man U will sink that low!

Do they really want that particular circus to arrive in town? And potentially the public humiliation of their manager in the courts during his first season?

PrinceJohn

Looks like pep is breaking with his tradition of taking over winners and making them win, perhaps he should be going to Leicester…

slimjim78
    Free Member

What Leicester are doing this season is truly wonderful to watch unfold (including current performance against Citeh).

The whole season including the last several previous suggests to me that training methods and techniques have peaked and are now more evenly spread than ever before. I wonder if we will ever see a team dominate for more than one or two seasons again – until perhaps then mega bucks disappear

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Leicester are brilliant. Completely outstanding performance . I almost want them to win it instead of us.

PrinceJohn

As a man city fan since before we were good I am actually enjoying Leicester’s March to the title. City’s defence have been woeful all season, look lost without kompany.

martinhutch

What Leicester are doing this season is truly wonderful to watch unfold

As a City fan (also from way back shite) I wholeheartedly agree with this. Supporting them all the way now.

Junkyard
    Free Member

interesting isnt it

Imagine writing a story of team in the relegation zone one christmas with a non league striker and then they go on to win the league, he scores the most goals etc

It would not be believed for being so far fetched

All in all it just reminds me of this

Football bloody hell

Its such a great game from the [ terrible for me] moment Aquero won it foe city from us with the last kick of the season to Leicester this season

Football really has such outrageous swings and arrows of fortune.

docrobster
    Free Member

From early in the thread:

City will dominate for some time now.

But which city? 😀
    Makes me so happy, as a lapsed Leicester supporter, who first went to filbert street in the late 70’S

Cletus

As A (Man) City fan I admire how Leicester have played this season and acknowledge that we were deservedly well beaten today but wanting them to win the title at the expense of my team? – no way! – Corinthian spirit only goes so far.

Man City have not really played well this season since the first international break and the loss of Kompany, Silva and Aguero. The main issue is the woeful defense. I was 99% certain that Leicester would score first today. Lots of teams do at the Etihad but normally we have enough to turn things around – not today.

I am still kinda p*ssed that player power got rid of Mancini. He might have been a bit confrontational and abrasive which does not wash nowadays even if you win trophies (as Jose found out) but he knew who to organise a team to defend. An away goal at the Etihad used to be a rare, hard earned thing instead of a given within 25 minutes of kick off.

There are things I admire about Pelligrini and when his teams are on song they are a joy to watch but he really needs to have done better over the past two seasons with the players and funds at his disposal.

I expect Pep to be a success but think it will take time. There are quite a lot of players at City who probably will not be able to adopt to his way of playing. I am hoping that a few youngsters will be drafted in. He did that very well at Barca.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Citeh: Pep to take over at end of season’ is closed to new replies.