Viewing 18 posts - 121 through 138 (of 138 total)
  • Christmas watches – what did you get?
  • Furrner
    Free Member

Bluetooth G Shock. It is great when I am out riding as I can stash my phone in the Camelback and still see who is calling/texting/emailing without having to dig it out and ignore or respond as needed.

loddrik
    Free Member

Citizen Ecozilla on Chronissimo. Tool watch par excellence

derek_starship
    Free Member

Ooof – loddrik – that is pug ugly. Sorry but it is.

ElShalimo

Why do divers watches have leather straps?
    I thought the salt water would destroy them. Or will it never see the murky depths?

winston_dog
    Free Member

They make waterproof leather straps.

Waterproof leather strap

However, anyone who uses an expensive watch for diving is pretty daft. There is very little reason to do so. An electronic diver timer is far better and a dive computer better still. If you want the back up by a G shock.

loddrik
    Free Member

Chronissimo is a totally waterproof strap.

deserter
    Free Member

Where are the best places to look for used watches? Jeff C’s Rolex and the purple Omega are very nice indeed

loddrik
    Free Member

TZUK.

deserter
    Free Member

Thanks Loddrik, I will have to do 50 posts of ‘nice watch’ now to see the sales section lol

jeffc

@deserter, depends what you’re after. for a vintage rolex i recommend vintagerolexmarket.com . For others, yes TZUK but also rolexforums.com . also have a look at watchdealseeker.com. main thing is to have an idea of what you want and a budget. then do lots of research on what to look out for etc. then find a trusted seller, do your due diligence and jump in.

deserter
    Free Member

I will have a good look around, I’ve always wanted a Tag Monaco since I was a youngster so I will probably look for one of those as the new ones I’ve seen were too flashy

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Here’s mine, I love it.

I’m between sizes on the band though, anyone know where you can get replacement Citizen straps?

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Happy 40th to me…in May. Patience has never been my strong point

MM

twoniner
    Free Member

I got the elliot Brown Canford for xmas off the missus, was really chuffed with it and their customer service after a few emails back and forth so i finally spent my xmas money. I know it’s the end of March and its not an xmas watch but it counts if bought with xmas money right?

I found a shop locally yeasterday that had the Bloxworth in stock so I nipped out to have a look and came away with this.

I fancied the same watch but with the leather strap but really didnt like the clasp on them.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Lots of BaselWorld stuff on the Internet. Big news is Tudor are coming back to the U.K. Some people sneer at them as a poor mans rolex but I really like them and they are ‘affordable’

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Just thought you watch fans might like a look at a little gem i picked up on ebay about 10yrs ago.
    Wittnauer Futurama from the seventies.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Twin4ll. Thanks for sharing that one. An automatic jump hour. Cool. Is it in full working order?

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Yes Derek, keeps excellent time.

Viewing 18 posts - 121 through 138 (of 138 total)

The topic ‘Christmas watches – what did you get?’ is closed to new replies.