Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Christmas, go **** yourself.
  • Poopscoop

Ok I’m done already with Christmas 2019.

Big electric sick up in asda saying “40 sleeps till Christmas”.

Asda. Go **** yourself. Christmas go **** yourself.

I’m done. Move along now.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Good news for insomniacs. Only three sleeps till xmas

P-Jay
    Free Member

I dislike Xmas as much as anyone else but you’ve just got to roll with it.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Good news for insomniacs.

Bad news for narcoleptics….

tomhoward

Gah, beaten by 12 seconds…

Harry_the_Spider

What about necrophiliacs?

lb77

It’s the people who work in these retail environments I feel sorry for. Imagine being surrounded by Christmas blah blah blah for every work shift, for 2 months solid. Eurgggh.

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ this

swedishmetal
    Free Member

Only 40 – yay!

I love Christmas. Time off, nice food, relaxing. 3 Christmas trees ready to go up in the house and planning the outside lights too.

Merry Christmas!

sirromj

Only 12 billion* moaning British people to go until Christmas.

* figure derived from https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2013/11/30/one-six-would-cancel-christmas

swedishmetal
    Free Member

It’s the people who work in these retail environments I feel sorry for. Imagine being surrounded by Christmas blah blah blah for every work shift, for 2 months solid. Eurgggh.

It’s actually quite nice for a while but what tends to happen is that you get all Christmassy in November and beginning of December and in the week up to Christmas all the displays are looking a bit shabby and you’re starting to clear it all out so you can put sale stuff in. So the week before Xmas day is a bit of a downer and you have to sort of crank yourself back up a bit for the big day.

Out of retail now thankfully so I get to enjoy it a bit more.

And BTW, it doesn’t get earlier every year in the shops, there is very good reasons why Xmas stuff starts appearing end of Oct (especially decorations/trees etc) and yes, it is very very hard work in a shop at this time so please give those assistants as much slack as you can.

jekkyl

Trying to avoid hearing any Christmas songs. Stay away from shops helps in this endeavour.
    Once you’ve heard that **** Band Aid song it’s over.

darthpunk
    Free Member

I used to work retail and hated this time of year…… But it wasn’t as bad as boxing day when the returns started bang on 9am. Droves of folk with nothing better to do than get up early with their crap gift they didn’t want demanding refunds without a receipt

Drac

Only 41 days until people stop complaining about it.

winston
    Free Member

In any sane world shops should be banned from opening on boxing day.

Mister-P
    Free Member

It’s part of the reason I’m going to Morocco for a week at the start of December, to escape the Christmas bullshit.

jon1973
    Free Member

Only 41 days until people stop complaining about it.

Which will dovetail nicely into people complaining about Easter.

benv
    Free Member

Which will dovetail nicely into people complaining about Easter.

Cadburys should include creme eggs in their selection boxes just for the lols.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Not many things make you learn to hate Xmas more than being a postie in the internet shopping era…

And then have the head clown finally get his wish for a general election, which means delivering party propaganda as well as all the Xmas stuff.

I still can’t decide if it’s a blessing or a curse that Royal Mail succeeded in stopping the CWU from calling a national strike in the courts yesterday, dealing with no paid overtime to catch up after strike days in modern day Xmas pressure plus GE material would have been interesting!

Drac

In any sane world shops should be banned from opening on boxing day.

They use to be but now still don’t open until 10am though.

Not many things make you learn to hate Xmas more than being a postie in the internet shopping

Working Christmas.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Working Christmas.

Bin there dun that. Had fights with pissed up cons on Xmas morning, it’s shite.

Still can’t be arsed with it even though i don’t work it anymore. 🙄

slowoldman

Bugger ’em.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Bugger ’em

Millennium hand and shrimp

timbog160

Love Christmas! Karaoke Christmas songs, carols round the piano, boozing at 11am. I wouldn’t allow many shops to open though…

cdoc
    Free Member

Bugger em,

millennium hand and shrimp

Give the doggy a sausage …

Don’t mind xmas too much, but anyone who uses the word ‘sleeps’ should be cast out into the void where there is wailing and gnashing of teeth.

zippykona

My favourite christmas card.

trap6
    Free Member

Xmas can ….itself???….A??
    It’s mostly divorced,lonely angry at the world ‘Boomers’that genuinely have an opinion like that,No kids??or grown up and don’t contact other than this time of year??
    c’mon op,you really dont have to try and bring the humbug so early do you??it’s more than easy enough to escape the marketing machine that is the probably the best time of year for most that are willing too not get wrapped up in the whole debacle if you just relax and roll with it, where headphones shopping,don’t shop during peak times,turn the radio/tv off,visit mosques,Ride year BIKE,go on holiday,plenty of things to do,Grow up maybe,enjoy the fact that it only happens once a year.
    Move along..

kayak23

It’s part of the reason I’m going to Morocco for a week at the start of December, to escape the Christmas bullshit.

Freeride Morocco? I’m teetering on the edge of booking that even though I really can’t afford it.

edhornby

Retail deliveries of Easter eggs on Christmas Eve is the best one 🙂 seasonal produce teams start planning in march and do the press event in July , right now they are testing BBQ sauces

bruneep

3rd Christmas in a row, I’m dayshift mrs B nightshift. Just another day for us

Drac

How’s that working out for you?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I **** love Christmas!

Best day of the year, with the people I love.

Bring it.

northernsoul

I like the time between Christmas and New Year the best – Christmas Day is done (whether you love it or loathe it) and there’s plenty to chill with friends and family. Kids are happy busying themselves with new toys etc, lots of good films on the telly, lots of sport to watch, lots of opportunities to get pissed. The prospect of going through the entire winter without a break would be a bit bleak.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Bah humbug,Its complete bollocks.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’m oscillating between CANNOT wait and **** the **** off.

feed

My 13yo daughter announced two months back that she doesn’t believe in God…..

Last month, during dinner, cue sudden panicked look on her face, “do I still get a Christmas present” ? 🙂

RustySpanner

Sings at Poopscoop….
    “Sourpuss and grumpyface…”

It’s cliched to be cynical at Christmas, you unimaginative bunch of humbugs……..

kelron
    Free Member

I like Christmas and I liked it when I worked on retail. Mostly because they replaced the royalty free music with stuff you could hear outside that one shop chain.

hols2
    Free Member

What all you heartless Christmas haters need is a nice, uplifting Christmas movie to transplant a bit of cheeriness into your lives:

bearnecessities

Dead happy.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Christmas, go **** yourself.’ is closed to new replies.