Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • Christmas Chub Club…..
  • reluctantjumper

Finished on 78.9kg so on the face of it a very small loss over the course of the club but it’s not the full story.

My belly fat is noticeably less, my calves are much more defined. there’s less fat around my chin and I have lots more energy in general. My FTP on Zwift has gone up 20W and I’m much better at climbing on the bike than I was a few weeks ago so I can only presume the fat has turned to muscle.
    So overall it was definitely worth it. Time for a few days of relaxing then straight back on it in the New Year.

juanking

Not the Christmas chubby club result I wanted but full year loss of 12kg and relatively stable pleases me. The plan for the new year is to drop from 87kg to 80kg. Hopefully someone will start a 2021 chub club!

jodafett

After a week of starving myself and knocking my pan in on the turbo I’ve managed to creep under my target weight of 80kg. I weighed 79.8kg this morning (admittedly after a big bike ride but a wins a win!). A grand total of 15kg lost this year which I’m well chuffed about. The old mantra of “Eat less, Move more” certainly works. My target for next year is 75kg as my BMI means I’m still overweight!

FB-ATB

Well done Joda, bit disappointed to have crept back up in the last qtr after losing 16kg, still it’ll give me something to aim for next year!

reluctantjumper

Excellent work Joda and FB-ATB.

Don’t read too much into the BMI figure though, if you’re like me then at a ‘correct’ BMI figure for my height I look malnourished. I’d have to lose over 15kgs to get into the ‘healthy’ part of the chart, there’d be nothing left. The nutritionist at my old gym said that for most cyclists with good power they should aim for a BMI of 27-28 which puts them in the overweight part of the chart but that then accounts for the extra weight of the leg muscles. Someone who does eg Rugby would need to be in the 30-31 range as they are generally built like brick shit houses. That nutritionist worked with the WRU Youth team so I’m pretty sure he knew what he was on about. Certainly when I was down at 65kgs 4 years ago I really struggled with keeping power up for any length of time, up at 70kgs with no more fat and I’m much better on the ups and on all-day rides. 73-5kgs seems to be my sweet spot and my ultimate aim.

jodafett

Cheers for the BMI tip. I’ll take the advice of a real coach over a random website anyday!

coconut
    Free Member

Well done all those who made it to the end. Yes there is a 2021 Chub Club, it will run from 1st January to 1st April. I will set up a new sheet and thread next week. Enjoy the holidays all.

Kato

Can you add me to that if I’m not already there

Promise to take it seriously this time!

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Hooray for 2021 Chub Club! I’ve lost a lot of the weight I put on in 2019 when my Mum was dying, but my crumbling joints have put in a polite request for 3-5 more kg off if that could be attempted 🙂

Also the more lightweight longsleeved jersey Santa got me is a size smaller than the thermal one…

uggski

Disappointed I didn’t get down to my target but still lost just under 5kgs, which at this time of year, I’ll take.

In for the new one as well

didnthurt

I’m now at 80kg, up from 74kg in September 😣

I’ve really enjoyed every calorie over the Christmas period so it’s hard to feel too sorry for myself.

coconut
    Free Member

There’s now a 2021 Chub Club, click on the old spreadsheet.

TheWrongTrousers

Hi Coconut
    Could I be added to the 2021 Chub Club please ?
    The last emailed link I have on the subject (August) takes me to the 2020 version still.

I promise to not be an absolute useless waste of space again this year !

Many cheers
    TWT

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘Christmas Chub Club…..’ is closed to new replies.