Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 133 total)
  • Christmas Chub Club…..
  • coconut
    Free Member

It’s here folks!.. Christmas Chub Club.

Usual rules, the first weigh in is this Friday (2nd October), final weigh in is Christmas Eve!!.. 12 weeks time scale to meet your target weight.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1thuvaXDNde7gZPSTH6r7kg57LjARuyBWOp7lB1zh_gc/edit?usp=sharing

I set up a new spreadsheet and copied the old Chub Club names across. If you’re new then insert a row and pull the formula in column “D” down. It’s a google sheets file, just enter your data and close (no need to “save”, or “save as”). Good luck all 🙂

FB-ATB

Well done for taking it on. Looking to maintain progress to date rather than loose more, hoping the weekly weigh in will keep me on the straight & narrow.

juanking

Mmm, in view more only for me, working ok for you others?

coconut
    Free Member

I’ve changed the editing permissions to allow anyone to click and edit the link, try adding a random number and close the spreadsheet, when you go back in it should be recorded now.

juanking

That’s got it, thanks mate.

reluctantjumper

Added. Put a bit on over the year thanks to lockdown and no longer doing a physical job, will be unemployed soon so need some motivation to keep the weight loss going. Already down 5kg from my peak of 86 so doing that again would be the target!

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Will be interesting to see if I can drop weight more easily once retired or whether I end up spending more time baking…

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Dieting is not a hobby.
    The best way to be a healthy weight is to stop obsessing about food and weight gain.
    I think about food three times a day, breakfast, dinner and tea.
    Willpower and motivation are false grails.
    It is that simple, people prefer complicated because it allows them to make excuses.

coconut
    Free Member

First weigh in tomorrow chubsters!

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’m in. I’ve over indulged on holiday but my wife has put on about 5kg during lockdown so I was going to be starting a sympathy diet with her next week. I found Chub Club great motivation for me losing (and keeping off) around 15kg 3 years ago.

gnusmas

Apart from lockdown, quite a lot of traumatic things have happened again here. I’d pretty much given up on everything and I’ve piled on the weight. Comfort eating is not a good friend. But I’ll give it another shot now things have started to calm down a bit again and see how it goes. Not looking forward to tomorrow’s weigh in though 😬

PePPeR

Stick me down on it please. On a non Google Huawei

coconut
    Free Member

You’re on there now PePPeR. Tomorrows weigh in may not be great, but it’s the baseline to start from and things and only improve (hopefully!).

reluctantjumper

Would it be wrong to have one last takeaway tonight? Partly to stop me wanting one tomorrow but also it could fudge the result as it’ll artificially up the starting weight!

stripeysocks
    Free Member

*gnu* comfort eating is better than drinking, smoking or the bottle or pills tho! I am grateful to crisps and toast for getting me through the loss of both parents within a few months and …the help just came with a spare tyre I guess.

Doing it in kg helped me not fret too much about the actual starting numbers.

roger_mellie

Thanks coconut. Love the inclusion of Santa. (Or Father Christmas, if you prefer).

TheWrongTrousers

Thanks very much for taking it on, will endeavour to not fail monumentally like usual !

coconut
    Free Member

It all starts today folks! I’m starting at 86.9kg, target to lose 2kg by Christmas. Good luck all.

doomanic

Comfort eating here too. Not looking forward to the weigh in when I eventually crawl out of my pit.

doomanic

88.9KG so not as bad as I feared.

juanking

87.2 here, dropped 9.5kg so far this year is ok, another 2kg would be great.

munrobiker
    Free Member

75.2 here, the most I’ve been for about eighteen months.

reluctantjumper

81.0 to start. Gives me exactly 6kg to lose. 0.5kg/week seems doable.

gnusmas

125.6kg start weight, do I win?
    Put in a target of 120kg hoping that’s doable, but some more would be nice. Can’t remember what I was in January in the original chub club so not sure how much I’ve gained this year.

coconut
    Free Member

good work… imagine how ripped we will all look on christmas day 😉

coconut
    Free Member

125.6kg start weight, do I win?

… nah you can only lose in this game..

chrisdb
    Free Member

Right I’m back in. Had a bit of an easy August with holidays etc but been back on it in Sep.

Need to push through to Christmas so can have a guilt free festive period!

coconut
    Free Member

jodafett

Just noticed this thread so I’m going to jump in. I’ve lost 10kg since last Christmas but I’ve been stuck at the same weight since mid August. I’ve been exercising more than I have ever done in the past but just can’t seem to shift the next 5kg that I’d love to lose! Any tips welcome.

coconut
    Free Member

86.3kg today, small loss of 0.6kgs… I think that’s mainly due to me not drinking alcohol (7 weeks now).

coconut
    Free Member

How’s everyone doing ?… remember it’s early days and from previous Chub Club it’s not always a weekly loss!

doomanic

87.6KG, so 1.3KG lost this week. I’m struggling to get back onto Keto because of the cupboards are still full of crap and the stress of the upcoming funeral is getting to me.

uggski

Going to jump on as well. Was 92kg at the start of lockdown. Slowly losing weight which is a surprise really. Down to 88kg but seem stuck around this weight. Although lost a little more this weigh in. Not going to obsess it though.

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

Jumped in a week late, new to the party also as not done it before but in it to make myself a bit more accountable. Lost 5kg last summer and slowly put it back on since so hoping to kickstart it again.

chrispoffer

Ah, missed this. I’ll add mine in now. Q3 worked out OK for me, I had a target of 18lb which I missed but still managed a 13lb loss. Time to see if I can do better than a turkey before Xmas!

Pierre

I hope you don’t mind me joining. After a year off alcohol and a fair bit of exercise, I smashed my shoulder up last October and went back to the booze at New Year, then 2020 happened and I’ve worked more, been more stressed, drunk too much and exercised way too little… so this comes at _just_ the right time!

reluctantjumper

79.9kg so a 1.1kg loss for the first week! Presuming it’s a big drop due to me having a pre-binge before the first weigh-in so it’s skewing the figure slightly, still in the right direction though.

coconut
    Free Member

All are welcome, it’s not too late if you still want to join – Insert a row and complete details.

jodafett

1.5kg in the first week but I have extremely inconsistent scales so we’ll see if it stays off!

juanking

Just had a fantastic indian curry (delivered) with all the trimmings washed down with a couple of pints. Mmmmmmmm.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘Christmas Chub Club…..’ is closed to new replies.