Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 133 total)
  • Christmas Chub Club…..
  • coconut
    Free Member

Morning all, it’s weigh in time again!… I surprisingly hit my Christmas target today! more by luck than exercise. How is everyone getting on ?

Pierre

Pants few weeks involving mum having surgery, son struggling at school and new puppy depriving us all of sleep and sanity. I’ve run twice in about four weeks… excuses aside, I’ve given up alcohol for a bit. Weight has, surprisingly, remained the same.

Well done to those staying on target and staying determined. You inspire the rest of us!

juanking

Gone back to my weight of 3 weeks ago. Not hugely surprising, been stressful few weeks as under consultation with work. Just found out still have a job so might have had a bottle of beer and wine or 2… Good luck all.

reluctantjumper

I seem to be stuck hovering around the 80kg mark. Had a good week this week with a few good rides and only one treat as my mum baked a cake for my visit. What is encouraging though is that the fat round my belly is dropping so I can only presume the fat is being replaced with a bit of muscle from me doing some weight-bearing exercises. Hopefully I’m just at a plateau so it should start to drop again if I keep at it.

I have also noticed that being unemployed means I use far less energy over a week than I normally do, the downside to no longer having a physical job I suppose.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

I bring some hope in the form of half a kg lost. Apparently discouraging the OH from making ice cream and bravely saying “No” to more than 2 slices of the sourdough at one time has paid off.
    HOWEVER
    the time of Xmas cake and pudding draws near so I shall have to be very very careful in the next few weeks…

coconut
    Free Member

Chub Club…hang your chub in shame…there’s now only 14 of us left! according to last weeks weigh in. I’m in at 84.3kg this week, having good results by zero sugar and no beer. How’s everyone doing? Still a few weeks to make this happen.

FB-ATB

Not good- been creeping up- succumbing to the canteen at my new job. However, now WFH cos Covid so hopefully will reverse the trend. May not hit target, so I’ll have something to aim for next year!

munrobiker
    Free Member

Managed to shave off a whole 0.1kg but it’s Thanksgiving weekend in our house so next week will be a total disaster. 😳

Earl
    Free Member

I’m jumping in – need some public encouragement(shame) to shift this spread. Beer has been band from the house until xmas day.

jodafett

Seven smoothies for breakfast, 7 salad lunches, 7 days of exercise, 7 healthy evening meals, no beer and very little snacks and still the same weight as last week!!!!

reluctantjumper

79.8 today so 0.8kg dropped. Finally got into the rhythm of no snacking and it’s showed straight away. Hitting target from this point will be very tough but should get close. If I can keep up the drop in line with what would have been on target if I was starting afresh I’ll be happy.

juanking

Made a small dent on previous gain, put it down to celebrating finding out still have a job. Must knuckle down to put it back on over Christmas…

uggski

Still hovering around 87kg. 🙁

reluctantjumper

79.4kg today, the first time I’ve shown a drop two weeks in a row! Was 79.1 earlier in the week after a big day out on the bike, guessing the creep back up was water.

Want to be under 79kg next week.

FB-ATB

no drop, but I’m taking that, as got tested +ve this week (and I don’t mean cat AIDS) so need something good to cheer me up

munrobiker
    Free Member

Bloody thanksgiving. I got fatter.

jodafett

Slight gain! Back to hovering about the 83kg mark which I just can’t seem to stay below!!!

jodafett

Slight gain! Back to hovering about the 83kg mark which I just can’t seem to stay below!!!

Just had a recount. Stood on the scales again and I’m 82.5kg so I’m logging that as a win!!

uggski

Not sure what’s going on. 1Kg up 🙁

spooky_b329

I’m not doing so well either. Mega busy at work, lack of motivation to exercise except at weekends, wife keeps buying puddings and doughnuts!

Wally

Back where I started having travelled up and up.

didnthurt

Up to 77.2kg, that just over 3kg up from my CL300 ride in September 😣

I haven’t hit Christmas yet 😭

Pierre

I’m up too, but my body fat is down (according to my fairly basic Omron scales). I’ve been Zwifting a bit and still not drinking… maybe I’m losing fat but building muscle? Or just the latter. :/

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Down a scratch, half a kg to go before target! Have got the OH to stop making icecream and have been having more salad & falafel meals. But still have advent calendar choc / shotglass of Bailey’s or sherry some nights.

Keep on keeping on folks!

doomanic

I haven’t dared weigh myself for the last couple of weeks. I didn’t do so well over the last lockdown; comfort eating and no gym means Doom is getting to be a fatty again. I’m back on the diet now though and have stuck to it since Monday. Next Friday will be the one to watch.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

KOKO folks, my joints certainly are a bit happier!

reluctantjumper

Managed to just scrape under 79 at 78.9kg this morning! 3 weeks of loss in a row 😎

Reckon I can get into the 77’s if I really try hard for the next fortnight.

jodafett

Hovering at the 82.5kg. Two weeks to shift 2.5kg! Been this weight for a while now even with loads of exercise so doubt I’ll make the 80kg by Christmas but fingers crossed!!

coconut
    Free Member

Just to confirm….yes there will be a January 2021 Chub Club. It’s not for me honestly 😉

roger_mellie

No snacking (or more accurately, less snacking) and getting back into running has helped this week.

Eat less, move more. Who knew 😉

Good luck folks for the final stretch.

uggski

87.3, on the way down again but not going to make the target 🙁

reluctantjumper

79.0kg this week so a tiny increase on last week. A bit annoying but the positive is my waist has gone down from a 34 to a 32 and the fat on my belly is nocieably less than it was 2 weeks ago.

Definitely feel lighter and fitter than I did at the beginning so it’s all been worth it. Final push for next week to get well under 79!

juanking

I’ve now accepted I’ll just have to restart in the new year, happy enough with an 11kg drop this year and staying/hovering around that still. Will set myself a new target in Jan.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Static this week but not bad given the ginger cookies I made and, er, ate. Final push indeed, let’s see if I can shed that last half kilo before I open my Xmas chocolate 😀

FB-ATB

Not a good few months- hectic new job since Oct limited the time to exercise and Covid for the last couple of weeks has seen eating increase and exercise stop completely.
    Thankfully Covid seems to have gone and work stopped today so I can try a few pootles. Don’t expect much for the last week, but no further increase would be good.

nickb

I’m quite chuffed with my efforts. Only down about 4kg, but I’ve been hectic at work, lacked time to do as much exercise as I’d like, managed to get through my 50th b’day cake and still lost weight. Not got to my target, but not that far off.

Plan to enjoy Christmas and then carry on the effort in January.

Big thanks to @coconut for providing the motivation!

TiRed

Not in the club. But Mrs TiRed has been calorie counting and carefully monitoring food intake for the past few months. She has shed a super impressive 12 kilos.

As a rough guide, tubs of butter are 1000g and 700 calories per 100g. She’s lost 12 of them or 84,000 calories at a deficit of about 1000/day. And yea that’s about three months of dieting.

Thermodynamics and a T2DM scare. But am very proud of her and already hearing the benefits (snoring now only the preserve of one of us).

Earl
    Free Member

With great effort I’ve managed to drop less than a 1 kg in the last 2 weeks. Tbh ould be just water or a poo 🙁 170cm X 90kg lump.

The kids are now at home every day and they like to bake. WFH is not gonna be easy.

lightfighter762
    Free Member

It was all going so well. Then the Christmas beer stock arrived.

jodafett

I’ve crept back up again! Now at 83kg. No way I’ll make 80kg now! I’ll keep going in the new year as I want to shed another few kg. Target weight is 12 stone in old money, currently at 13.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘Christmas Chub Club…..’ is closed to new replies.