Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Chippie customers blocking junction…WWSTD?
  • ajantom

There’s a chippie near me that’s located on the corner of a junction, on a bend at the bottom of a narrowish hill. Double yellows on the corner, junction and for about 20m up the hill.

However, every evening as I return from work inconsiderate a’holes park as close to the chippie as possible, right on the corner/junction, on the double yellows, flashers on, whilst they get their chips.

Traffic is held up in all 3 directions, and if you have the temerity to wind your window down and point out that they are blocking traffic (as I did tonight) you get a mouthful…..chavtastic blond getting into her white BMW tonight shouted “Yeah? I do what I want. **** off dickhead.” Her mum must be very proud.

I’ve spoken to the chippie owner, who I know slightly, and just got a shrug and a brush off. I even emailed<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”> the council to point out that people are parking illegally and causing traffic problems. No answer was received, but seeing as we only get a visit from the traffic warden about every 3 weeks I doubt much will be done.</span>

Not much in the scheme of things, but it annoys me that the buggers can get away with it. I’m tempted to see if a mate with a tractor can take the corner a bit wide one evening 😉…..if you’re parked illegally who would be liable for the damage I wonder?

kayak23

Batter them.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Certainly seems like a bit of a pickle.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Must be a popular plaice.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

ajantom

Don’t you all start chipping in with silly comments now.

tinybits
    Free Member

Fair play kayak. That’s pretty funny

martinhutch

I hope you fancy some scraps.

colp

kayak23

Subscriber
    Batter them.

And get done for a salt?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Get the filth involved

SandyThePig
    Free Member

Every time you see it, take a photo of the inconsiderately parked car and post it on the local community Facebook page for everyone to pour over and argue about (moaning about policing / parking wardens). That’s what seems to happen around here. The hope is they have some shame and don’t park like dickheads the next time.

ajantom

Every time you see it, take a photo of the inconsiderately parked car and post it on the local community Facebook page for everyone to pour over and argue about (moaning about policing / parking wardens). That’s what seems to happen around here. The hope is they have some shame and don’t park like dickheads the next time.

Would do, but most of the time I see it I’m in my car being held up by said ****.

It’s literally a stream of cars parking up there from 5.30 when they open until 9.30 when they shut. There’s a free car park 2 minutes walk away, but no, people need their chips NOW GOD DAMMIT!

jambourgie
    Free Member

‘Chippie’ is a carpenter,

’Chippy’ is a fish & chip shop.

The fact that you don’t know the difference tells me all I need to know.

ajantom

I realised my error after typing it all out, and couldn’t be arsed to go back and edit it all.

If it’s any excuse I teach carpentry and woodwork, so it must count as as some sort of Freudian slip 😚

jambourgie
    Free Member

‘Hakers gonna hake’

ads678

Unless you get held up from 5:30 til 9:30 I’d go and park my car then go back and take photos of the illegally parked cars and send them to the council and/or police. Do this regularly and something will happen. Make out is a safety issue as well.

cloudnine
    Free Member

OP..  stuck between a Rock and a hard plaice now ..

This thread may just flounder…

km79
    Free Member

5.30 when they open until 9.30 when they shut.

That’s the real disgrace right there. What kind of chippy only opens 4hrs a day? Unless I am reading wrong and they open for breakfast, in which case where is ths place?

batfink
    Free Member

Seems obvious – but call the plod?  Report it as a safety issue – maybe something about near misses and pedestrians.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’d go and trawl the regs and print them out to put on the windscreen, though since coming back to the UK I’ve seen quite a few bmw’s  driving along with parking tickets and bits of a4 stuck under the wipers….

After that get the peelers involved.

martymac

Km79, there used to be a chippy in peterhead harbour that opened at 6am, for all the fishermen coming in early doors.

they even let you take your own fish in and they would cook it for you.

OP, the issue here is nowt to do with the chippy, and really highlights peoples attitudes to others.

id vote with my wallet and buy my chips elsewhere, unless they are decent, then it’s **** everybody else and park as close as poss.

garage-dweller

If they are causing a genuine and regular obstruction then photos and contact the police.

From recent experience they may just insurance check the offending car(s) and find there is none and issue NIP / seize vehicle.

The inconsiderate and entitled aren’t always road legal.

SandyThePig
    Free Member

Would do, but most of the time I see it I’m in my car being held up by said ****.

It’s literally a stream of cars parking up there from 5.30 when they open until 9.30 when they shut. There’s a free car park 2 minutes walk away, but no, people need their chips NOW GOD DAMMIT!

I can see this turning into a “what dashcam for recording ****tish parking” thread

garage-dweller

Perhaps if they need chips that badly there’s a reason they can’t manage a two minute walk.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’d start with contacting the police non-emergency number and reporting it (a couple of times if you don’t get a response). If that fails start taking pictures and, if the local force has a twitter presence, posting them there asking for something to be done + if you have a local rag (with twitter or facebook presence) post there to. If that fails and you’re still upset buy a carton of eggs and throw them at the offending cars as you go past (I wouldn’t recommend this approach though…)

qwerty
    Free Member

Sounds to me like you have a chip on your shoulder, but thats probably because you haddock enough of the indiscriminate parking whilst trying to get to your plaice, cod knows i’d do the same in your shoes. Maybe its the parking fee in the car park putting them off using it, the cheap skates.

ads678

OP don’t let the lazy ar-soles give you a head-hake, get some photos taken so the police can savaloy’k at whats going on.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Don’t get involved in a tangle, you cod be arrested for a breach of the peas.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

You cod be held coley responsible for any damage

DezB
    Free Member

Do they still do pickled eggs in chippys? In all my life I’ve never had a pickled egg.

plus-one

Brilliant 🙂

oikeith

I refuse to shop at the new chipshop in my town as the person working in there parks on the double yellows right outside blocking traffic. There are parking spaces merely 30 seconds away!

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Perhaps they were all there to see Elvis….

milky1980
    Free Member

Sensible advice:

I had a similar problem in my last place, chippy two doors down and the customers would park across or even in the resident’s bays for my flats despite the bays being off the road.  I got fed up of having to go into the chippy asking people to move their cars, usually the same cars.  One guy got so fed up of me asking him not to park there every Friday and Saturday he waved the keys at me and told me to move it myself, so I did.  Four streets away.  No, I didn’t tell him which one either.  Yes he was back parking across the parking bays the next week.

All you can do is report the problem every time it is a problem.  The council can send an enforcer or they can bring it up as an issue with the owner of the chippy but I doubt it will happen quickly.

In the end I moved as it was getting worse.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Similar problem near me in London.  There’s a takeaway that’s effectively a drive through. Customers double park in cycle lane, on crossing markings, double yellows, blocking entrance to side road.

Police say it’s a parking issue, parking wardens visit maybe once a day and the shop ‘lookout’ tells them and they all move their cars before the ‘5 minutes grace’ that apparently the parking wardens are supposed to give (thank you Eric Pickles you fat lazy @@@@).  I got sent their ‘report’ sheets and despite there being 3 or 4 illegally parked vehicles every time i walk past when the place is open they’d managed to issue about 2 tickets in 8 weeks.

Ideally you’d stick a CCTV camera on a post and ticket the lost of the but that fat **** Eric Pickles banned councils from using CCTV for parking enforcement because it’s unfair on teh poor litttle lawbreaking motorists.

Good luck getting anything done.

white BMW tonight shouted “Yeah? I do what I want. **** off dickhead.”

that’s the attitude.

aracer
    Free Member

I’ve not had this direct problem, but given responses I’ve got from the police and council regarding pavement parking and other similar issues I’m not at all surprised by the above. In which case the only obvious answer is direct action – which might at least deter the serial offenders. Gotta be careful here to avoid anything which might be construed as criminal damage – and I note that I’m certainly not suggesting doing anything illegal – but I don’t think attaching a note to the windscreen of offending cars does count as that providing doing so doesn’t cause any permanent damage (IANAL so don’t sue me if I’m wrong).

retro83
    Free Member

they sound like a bunch of wallies

neilthewheel

Wee on their chips.

maccruiskeen

WWSTD?

Start a thread about it

PiknMix
    Free Member

they sound like a bunch of wallies

Nicely done.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Chippie customers blocking junction…WWSTD?’ is closed to new replies.