Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Children and lurgys – Hand, Foot and Mouth
  • csb

Daughter caught this at nursery and after a few days of spots and not eating has recovered.

I, on the other hand (foot, mouth, kegs, scalp), have developed a set of pustules that mean I’m struggling to walk and pick things up. Ear ache at night and a throat that makes swallowing difficult.

Has anyone else had this?

boxfish
    Free Member

Yup. My daughter brought it home from nursery. I ended up with really sore hands/fingers for a few days but it went away fairly quickly.

csb

Funny you should reply (we spoke the other day at work in the basement). There’s a spate of it round our way apparently – NHS online say’s it’s milder in adults (yeah right).

boxfish
    Free Member

I’d forgotten your STW moniker! 😆

I also had it worse than my daughter. She seemed oblivious to the spots and just had a few rough nights.

csb

Alternatively our daughters are far harder than us wimps.

jam-bo

I had it after chickenpox. When I was 22. That summer sucked.

scaredypants

kill yourself and set up a funeral pyre of old railway sleepers – it’s the only (other) way to be sure 😆

csb

I’ve used all the sleepers to make a raised bed. Can someone nuke me from orbit please?

CountZero

Trouble with nuking from orbit is the collateral damage, however napalm tends to be a bit more localised…

meesterbond

Some of Masterbond’s friends have had it (he’s nearly 2) and whilst he hasn’t shown any signs both the missus and I had ulcers and sore throats for a couple of weeks.

The joy of having kids.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Children and lurgys – Hand, Foot and Mouth’ is closed to new replies.