Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Childless women work twice as hard as working mothers
  • grum
    Free Member

there’s all sorts of situations in life where the grown-ups have different rules

There are, but a little appreciation that the ‘rules’ often favour parents might not go amiss sometimes. I appreciate that generally someone’s family/kids is the most important thing in the world to them – just a little awareness that it isn’t the most important thing in the world to everyone else might not go amiss sometimes.

A lot of parents end up in a bit of an insular bubble IME.

Anyway, I’m going to get accused of being a parent hater again so I’ll bow out here. 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

There are, but a little appreciation that the ‘rules’ often favour parents grown-ups might not go amiss sometimes

Junkyard
    Free Member

Perhaps a little less whine might help?

Indeed it would but then you would have nothing to bring to the party 😉

fervouredimage
    Free Member

There are, but a little appreciation that the ‘rules’ often favour parents might not go amiss sometimes. I appreciate that generally someone’s family/kids is the most important thing in the world to them – just a little awareness that it isn’t the most important thing in the world to everyone else might not go amiss sometimes.

Indeed

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqtcb66Yeyo[/video]

chimptastic
    Free Member

Well there is some truth in the headline. I did in a previous role. But that was due to working for a company who had excellent flexible working but bad implementation. After a bout of redundancies a team of 12 had 5 part time workers (not all due to children btw) with 3 off Thus and Friday. But the workload wasn’t necessarily part time and there were still deadlines to be met. So every Wednesday the full time childless women bar one man, would take on their work to get things done Thursday and Friday. Which inevitably cause resentment. But at heart it was the management to blame for allocating the part time hours and workload. But childless women can suffer.

And don’t open the can of worms of who can be off over Christmas.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Childless women work twice as hard as working mothers’ is closed to new replies.