Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Chilblains – any quick fix?
  • Pook

I’ve gone and got chilblains on my toe. Thought it was just a blister at first, but the whole toe is itching, red and there is a blister under the skin on the bottom. My toe’s swollen too.

Anyone had them? Is there any quick fix? It’s driving me mad, especially at night when it seems to itch loads more than during the rest of the day.

IanMunro
    Free Member

You have my sympathies! There’s no quick fix that I know of. They will drive you mad for a couple of weeks.
    I found liberally smearing them in calamine lotion just before bed took a bit of the edge of the itching.

yossarian
    Free Member

a good dose of anti-hystermines such as piriton should help a lot

Pook

Is it an allergy thing then? I thought it was just a reaction to the cold

yossarian
    Free Member

i don’t think its an allergy but its my understanding that products like piriton target skin discomfort as well as the allergy

ziggy
    Free Member

It the feet getting cold that causes it, once you get chilblains they usually return most winters I’m afraid.
    I’ve suffered for a few years now, as above some sudocream or similar just to stop any infections appearing (more painful than you can imagine) and most importantly KEEP YOUR FEET WARM. So thermal socks, maybe even two pairs of socks, I’ve lambswool shoe insoles work a treat as well.
    If you do get cold feet let them warm up gradually. Don’t bother with the creams in the chemist, they do nothing.

toab
    Free Member

There’s stuff you can get from the chemist called Snofire which is meant to be very good

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Sister used to get bad chilblains until someone sugested standing in a bucket of your own urine.Wasn’t to keen on the idea but the pain got so bad she was prepared to try anything.She hasn’t sufferd from them since 😮

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Chilblains – any quick fix?’ is closed to new replies.