Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Chi Running – tell me about your experiences
  • dicky
    Free Member

I've been doing a bit of research recently on the topic of Chi running after reading 'Born to Run' (which really made me think about how and why I run). I'm keen to give Chi Running a go but it seems to be something best learnt through instruction rather than from a book.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's given it a go – did you benefit from it, how did you learn it etc etc?

(And please, don't use this as an excuse to open up the whole 'barefoot running' debate again 🙂 )

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Mmm, got the chi running book-there seems to be alot of soul/love the earth boll@cks written in the book, however some does make sense. Correct posture, relaxed stance, forefoot/toe landing, leaning forward etc some thought provoking stuff and I think it's best to use the hints and tips that you feel will work best for your type of running.

soobalias
    Free Member

if you cant get your head round the 'soul/love the earth' boll@cks then you have very little chance of benefitting.

finbar
    Free Member

Lean forward (don't bend at the waist). Engage your core. Run. Make sure your feet strike the ground under you, not in front of you.

There, i've saved you eight quid.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

finbar – Member
    Lean forward (don't bend at the waist). Engage your core. Run. Make sure your feet strike the ground under you, not in front of you.
    There, i've saved you eight quid.

exactly 😈

glenh
    Free Member

Move legs more quickly to go faster.

There, I've saved you wasted time.

nickc

Take off your watch, go run for the fun of it…

Keva
    Free Member

can someone quote some of the soul /love the earth b0ll0x please… ?

IanMunro
    Free Member

You could try a POSE lesson as I think they're are a few more in the UK, but afaik they all teach basically what finbar said 😉
    Or get an mp3 player, copy an 180bpm metronome track, and run slowly at that beat to get the same effect.

MrSparkle

Read 'Feet in the clouds' and then do some proper running…

wwaswas

'Feet in the clouds'

a very tall person doing a handstand?

nickc

can someone quote some of the soul /love the earth b0ll0x please… ?

It's all about "being" the run, man. Don't get hung up on measuring, get hung up on instead the posture, the noise, the feel, the stride, be the run…etc …etc

That'll be £25 please.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

MrSparkle – Member
    Read 'Feet in the clouds' and then do some proper running…

now that's more like it 8)

dicky
    Free Member

There, i've saved you eight quid

That's kind of the conclusion that I'd come to as well, hence the question. I thought that I must have been missing something.

And yes, agree with the comments about the "soul/love the earth boll@cks ".

"Feet in the clouds", now that IS a good book

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Chi Running – tell me about your experiences’ is closed to new replies.