• This topic has 67 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by hooli.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Cheese toasties
  • IHN

Sweet lord above, they are the absolute shizzle, aren’t they?

I’ve just had cheese, tomato, onion and a good spread of brinjal pickle in a toastie. Dee-effing-lishus.

perchypanther
    Free Member

If you’re a rabbit, do not  eat two different types in one sitting.

You’ll likely die.

IHN

*sigh* Go on then….

Tell me Perchy, why might I die?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Keepin the classics alive innit. 😉

Rabbits, being herbivores and that, haven’t evolved to be able to digest fat or dairy products, obviously

hodgynd
    Free Member

Myxinmatoasties ( very old joke )

slowoldman

Oh dear.

ton

pek (chopped pork) onion and mature cheddar……….. delicious.

FuzzyWuzzy

Recently bought myself a toastie maker to – although bread makes me a bit bloaty/sick so it’s a balance between the awesomeness of eating toasties and the side-effects.

zippykona

Cheese toasties are OK. ….but cheese on toast is the food of gods.

binners

Corned beef, mature chedder and onion is where its at

ElShalimo

@zippy – dash of Worcestershire?

toby1

There are also not all that conducive to weight loss, so please think of your STW Chub club compatriots while enthusing on the awesomeness of cheese on bread! 😉

scud
    Free Member

Cheese toasties with my home made chilli jam in are a personal favourite, although one of the best i’ve tasted was two slices of bread with Cadburys Whole Nut bars in between!

s1m0n
    Free Member

I’m with Binners – but with the addition of lashings of Tabasco.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Got to agree with Binners ..my favourite by a mile ..

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Binners, get thee a Cheese and haggis toasty, grants tinned haggis, looks like dog food but in reality is pure food whankin tackle.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Yep, in with Nobeer on the haggis.

Not so much wi’ the whankin.

redthunder
    Free Member

MICROTOASTIE
    If you’re in a rush and virtually nothing to clean up.

Toast two pieces of malted bread.
    Slice some mature Cheddar cheese.

Place the cheese on the toast, assemble the toastie. Add pickle, marmite or anything of your choice.

30 seconds in the microwave.

Proper Gurt Lush 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Not so much wi’ the whankin

Was it you that broke both wrists?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Yeah, but they weren’t mine.

cheers_drive

I love toasties but unfortunately we don’t have an old style toastie maker that seals the edges. Bake in the day my favourite filling was left over curry (and cheese of course).
    Kind of like a toastie: I’m now partial to quesadillas – cheese, avocado, sliced jalapenos.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Toastie maker? no need. Tiny smear of butter on the outside of said sandwich, and dry fry in the big cast iron skillet.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Cheese and marmite

bigyinn
    Free Member

You gits. I was all set on some soup and toast for lunch and now I want a cheese toastie. Bastards.

IHN

I love toasties but unfortunately we don’t have an old style toastie maker that seals the edges.

Me neither, ours has a flat/ridged plate, I assume for panini or some such nonsense. It works fine, occasionally there’s a bit of leakage but it’s non-stick so it’s all good.

joshvegas
    Free Member

A toatie requires sealing round the edge. A george formanned thing is merely a toasted sandwich.

Tomato has no placein a toastie… To wet.

I’ve said thus before but i have acheived a runny egg toasty before.

Tracey

We still have the old one we were bought as a wedding present in 1990. Gets used a couple of times a week usually after a bike ride. Will do eight slices at a time.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

A toatie what?

martinhutch

Cheese, Ham with a teaspoon of beans to liven things up. Awesome.

. I was all set on some soup and toast for lunch and now I want a cheese toastie.

Have you considered a soup toastie? Report back on how it goes.

binners

Dunking cheese toasties in Heinz tomoto soup is surely the default lunch while suffering from Man-flu? That can’t be just me?

I have to confess that I’ve never actually eaten haggis, so I think a cheese toastie with haggis sounds like the perfect introduction

senorj

Cheese& onion smeared in ketchup. Served with tea. Oh god , I’m dribbling as I type.

nedrapier

A toastie requires sealing round the edge. A george formanned thing is merely a toasted sandwich.

weighted pan on top, crusts resist the weight pressure better and do the sealing.

Tomato has no placein a toastie… To wet.

To blimmin’ hot, too!

nickhit3
    Free Member

Jacob Rees Mogg probably.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Cheese on thick toast. Bubbling to golden brown. Habanero sauce on the side.

*Edit – now wants toastie with sauce inside. You filthy animals.

Gunz
    Free Member

Make a dell in the middle and crack an egg in there (requires sealing type toastie maker).

mcj78
    Free Member

Toastie maker? no need. Tiny smear of butter on the outside of said sandwich, and dry fry in the big cast iron skillet.

This, but instead of a mere smear on the outside – just shallow fry the bugger in a big wedge of butter, bonus points for a selection of different cheeses on the inside, your tastebuds will thank me even if your doctor won’t.

I have to confess that I’ve never actually eaten haggis, so I think a cheese toastie with haggis sounds like the perfect introduction

As a toastie / baked potato filling – veggie haggis & extra mature cheddar is hard to beat, not as greasy as the proper stuff and it’s the herbs & spices that give haggis most of the flavour, so unless you’re truly devoted to the consumption of offal the veggie stuff might be a good place to start, it’s a gateway drug though & sooner or later you’ll be blazing drunk professing your unwavering adoration to a haggis supper at 3am somewhere in the rain.

J

binners

Righty ho… I’m giving that a go for lunch tomorrow. Do I need to wash it down with a bottle of Bucky, then shout at buses?

perchypanther
    Free Member

The toastie, the baked tattie or the full haggis supper?

mcj78
    Free Member

Righty ho… I’m giving that a go for lunch tomorrow. Do I need to wash it down with a bottle of Bucky, then shout at buses?

Entirely optional with the veggie haggis, though mandatory with the lung-based variant – does make the afternoon fly in though!

I’m starving now.

binners

I think I need to try all 3, probably in that order

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Cheese toasties’ is closed to new replies.