• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by scud.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • checking in from Bolivia… with pics :-)
  • chillipepper
    Free Member

hey, just checking in… crossed the border into Bolivia from Argentina a few days ago and the riding has been nothing less than epic ever since…. from here in Uyuni plan to cycle all the way out west into pretty remote territory across the salt flats to the Sajama volcano… in the meantime tho a few pics:

more here: riding from Tupiza to Uyuni

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

That looks amazing, especially the rail trail. Must be hard work where there's washboard ruts or sleepers.

Is Ayatolahofniche down that way then?..

matt_outandabout

Looks amazing – great read as well.

brad101
    Free Member

Thanks that was a good read, keep it up.

tails
    Free Member

Really beautiful!! So jealous!

Like many I imagine, I would love to do something like that, I see you have many may panniers would you take less in hindsight?

Are you on a sabbatical or is this your holiday from work.

pitduck
    Free Member

brill 😯

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

lucky lucky plucker 😀

chillipepper
    Free Member

hey, I'm carrying the minimum mount of gear for this… one pannier is given over entirely for food, aside from that I have just 19kg of gear including bike spares and tools, tent, stove, sleeping bag etc it gets bloody cold here at night too so need some warm weather clothing.

I took 4.5months unpaid leave from work but since I did that my employer needs to make redundancies so may not have a job to go back to but c'est la vie, got just one life to enjoy 🙂 The point was to get from Patagonia to Peru and raise some cash for Shelterbox along the way. I already cycled colombia and ecuador and visited peru before so my end point is Cuzco… I could get there in 4 weeks from here easily but have until 25th May so may as well squeeze some more adventure out of it in Bolivia… I reckon I'll have aged 5yrs when I get home, lol, have been following a policy of following roads/tracks away from the primary routes where possible – harder and slower but so much more interesting.
    cheerio!

feeling pretty weary right now…. lol!

marionheck
    Free Member

great read and pics – good on you. and good luck for the rest of the trip.

grumm
    Free Member

Awesome – very inspiring. Read about a guy doing something similar through Tibet. Would love to do something like that one day.

scud
    Free Member

Hi Chillpepper, as a cyclist when you're in Bolivia you must have a go at riding down the "Road of Death", it's about 64km and starts at around 4500m above sea level and finishes at about 600m, most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Enjoy your travels, I loved Bolivia and am jealous you're there now.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘checking in from Bolivia… with pics :-)’ is closed to new replies.