Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • cheap web hosting?
  • easygirl

can anyone point me in teh direction of a cheapsish(£4 month)
    web hosting provider
    basic web site, no commerce etc
    just for info with some pics etc

cb

I was recommended Native Space – I used them and hated their attitude (it was my first attempt at using a hosting service and needed a bit of help). No phone assistance and full of one line snotty email answers. If you know what you are doing they may be fine (get awards etc).

I changed to Fasthosts and they are much better (IMO) with real people on the end of the phone!

xiphon
    Free Member

Fasthosts! Ha! Used to work for them, and I would recommend hosting your webiste on a dial-up modem before using them.

15,000 websites served up by one w2k3 server (dual P3). Yes, 15K.

No thanks…

UnitedHosting are a reliable company.

_tom_
    Free Member

I use Domain Check, about £55 for a years hosting and 2 years domain name.

cb

xiphon – thanks for the good news! Just paid a year in advance…. 😳

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve used 34sp.com in the past with no problems.

Stevo210
    Free Member
    m4dmatt
    Free Member

Try http://www.one.com – theyre cheap. Think you can use their templates to set up a site if you arent familiar with setting up a content management system. Or try office live, you can set up a free website with them, If you want a proper domain as opposed to a sports.mywebsite.msn.com type then I think these are about £9 a year through office live or you can use 123-reg.co.uk get domain for six quid for two years and point it to the microsoft dns servers… hope this helps – check out my site for an example of a msn freeby site. It’s here

joeydeacon
    Free Member

heart internet / united hosting / servage / dreamhost are all good.

Out of those I’d go with Heart Internet – united hosting are good but very out of date control panels.

xiphon
    Free Member

@ Steve210

1&1 owns Fasthosts… bought back in 2006.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Freeola.

its FREE

Unlimited hosting. I have a number of web sites with them and have for years with no problems.

Problem is:
    you need to dial up to upload at 1p / minute
    or

I guess you can gauge how many times you might be uploading / changing your site so can do the maths.

Images take longest to upload depending on size but text on HTML pages takes seconds so once you’ve uploaded the site, small adjustments don’t take long.

Drac

I use justhost.com find them excellent but a bit more than what your after by a couple of pounds. Cracking package though.

Coolhandluke how is any of that free?

grumm
    Free Member

http://www.dreamhost.com – prepay for one year using code G030 for much cheapness and loads of bandwith and storage etc

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Coolhandluke how is any of that free?

Problem is:
    you need to dial up to upload at 1p / minute.

As I said above, I have a number of sites hosted with Freeola. Uploading is a pain as it can take over an hour to upload a full site plus images.

Unless you’re often uploading, its pretty blooming cheap for unlimited hosting.

Check them out.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘cheap web hosting?’ is closed to new replies.