Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cheap CX bike?
  • fervouredimage
    Free Member

I’m on the lookout for a cheap CX bike purely for riding my local trails (which are boringly flat but potentially more fun on a CX bike).

Second hand is an option and am already scouring eBay and classifieds but is anyone aware of any good deals at the moment on old stock or just something half decent that won’t cost a fortune? I have a very modest budget of 600 quid absolute max but it would be better for my marriage if I could somehow keep well below that.

Defender
    Free Member

Evans have some on offer that might fit the bill:[http://www.evanscycles.com/categories/bikes/cyclocross-bikes#!!price_from=;price_to=;on_sale=;sort=asc;]

EddieFiola
    Free Member

Im selling a Focus Mares if you want.
    How tall are you?

cynic-al
    Free Member

You’ve not mentioned your budget. EBC have some on sale.

wwaswas

I’ll have a 56cm specialized tricross for sale soon 10 speed 105 group set etc. Will probably be looking for about £350

Email me if you want more details

solamanda
    Free Member

What size are you?

chakaping
    Free Member

You’ve not mentioned your budget. EBC have some on sale.

Yeah he has, but he hasn’t said what size he is.

Pretty poor effort at a stealth WTD advert OP.

Tsk tsk.

fandango
    Free Member

Verenti Substance looks interesting but possibly more of a cut-price Genesis CdF than a full on crosser..

cynic-al
    Free Member

Oops so he did.

Defender
    Free Member

That ‘Dale @ Paul’s Cycles looks like a good option, as low as you are too short?

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Yes, forgot to mention my height. 6’2. Does anyone rate the boardman CX comp. 599 for what looks half decent. Not a bad spec for the money.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_992074_langId_-1_categoryId_165710#tab3

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The only thing to put me off the Halfords would be the alloy fork as opposed to a carbon one. Having said that it could be upgraded later.

As I understand it you can get 10% discount through British Cycling, plus joining SELOC, then top cash back etc. So possibly 20+ % discount overall.

p7rich
    Free Member

Love my CdF. Never even owned a road bike before, but had this since spring 2013 and it’s been excellent. I’m a mountain biker but haven’t been on the trails for weeks. They’re readily ava everywhere of £750. There’s a nearly new example on ebay for £675: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genesis-CdF-Cyclocross-Bike-/331104937277?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item4d1764653d

solamanda
    Free Member

Email me. I’ve got a Trek Crockett in your size under your budget.

sing1etrack
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cheap CX bike?’ is closed to new replies.