Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Cheap bike stands….where?
  • epo-aholic
    Free Member

I seem to remember a recent thread on cheap bike stands but i cannot find it using the search function.

Just looking for something basic, any ideas?

Cheers

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ribble do one for about £50, it’s the same as a lot of places do for more money and it’s very good.

federalski
    Free Member

I was gonna get one of these but forgot about it till now…

Andystand

jdwafc
    Free Member

Lidl, when in stock

alpin
    Free Member

+1 lidl. Don’t know I’d they are available in the UK, but I got mine in Germany for 28€. Bargain.

stavromuller
    Free Member
    epo-aholic
    Free Member

thanks guys

nickjb
    Free Member

Park ones were cheap on Amazon but the 10 was sold out last time I looked

Garry_Lager

Decathlon also do a range of affordable ones if you’re near a store.

mogrim

2nd Decathlon, I’ve got the one that the bike sort of sits on, rather than clamping to the seatpost.

Great for maintenance, nice and stable.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

afraid to say that the od-designs one won’t be much cop for working on the bike – it is not stable enough – the bits that hold the bottom bracket aren’t wide enough/enough of a platform.

This is probably the thread – talks about those cheap ones on Amazon that are like the Lidl one.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/psa-cheap-workstand-for-your-consideration

Those bike tools stands, like at ribble, are OK but not super stable. If you can put some sandbags over the legs they would be though – the splay on the legs is just not wide enough I think.

If you can find the Park PC10 cheap I think it would be worth it.

I had a cheap stand, then a Minoura RS5000 (like the bike tools stand but with a better clamp) and then an ultimate/feedback.

I should have just bought the decent stand in the first place, it would have been a lot cheaper 🙁

robdob
    Free Member

I bought a Park PCS9 for £50 from Go Outdoors when they has a 50% off everything sale. You can get them for £75 I think.
    It takes a few more seconds to clamp the bike than a PCS10 but I absolutely love it. Holds a 33lb Spesh pitch from the seatpost no problem on a very uneven cellar floor.

Buy cheap, buy twice.

Mackem

stavromuller – What’s this bike rack you have planned?

ads678

The ribble one is great, i’ve been using one for about 3 years now. I saw one in Class Ohlson the other day, i’m sure it was only about £60/70 quid but it looked great.

br
    Free Member

+1 Park 9

unovolo
    Free Member

This is the same one that decathlon sells,also seen them usiing them in there workshops:-
    http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/xtreme-assembly-stand-s-1300—our-bestseller–/aid:22588

I bought the one below from Rosebikes as I wanted one that would fold down,and its definetly a sturdy beast,
    http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/xtreme-assembly-stand-s-3000/aid:23228

Like Rosebikes on facebook and you should get a voucher for money off as well.

jkomo

+ 1 for Ribble

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Those stand shots often show the frame clamped, but that is not a good idea because of the thinness of the frame.

You need something sturdy enough to hold the bike from the seatpost, and as this is not the central point of the bike the stand/clamp needs to be strong enough not to tip/rotate.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Cheap bike stands….where?’ is closed to new replies.