Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 131 total)
  • Channel 4 news – another soldier shooting a dog … P**s me off big time.
  • soobalias
    Free Member

that dog made a lot of noise after getting shot
    and managed to run off.

who has the pea sized brain?

crazy-legs

hmmm … I am not so sure

Other than you can see the dog running off round the corner.
    Was wondering what this was about, I've just watched the same Ch4 programme.
    That's almost Daily Wail style – right, I haven't seen the full story but I'm going to rant about it anyway!!

muggomagic

this is a wind up, right? come on chewkw stop teasing. maybe post a pic of yourself kicking a dog to prove it was all just to get a reaction.

myheadsashed

What a waste of a bullet isn't that what bayonets are for?

deft
    Free Member

The lad who shot the dog dead you definitely have a pea brain. With the brain size like yours no wonder the fight against the insurgents, them with primitive "technology", were long and hard.

Yep, if they had people who could understand the phrase 'over its head' out there it would be a doddle

chewkw
    Free Member

Ian Munro – Member

He got bitten so get on with it … bloody coward.

I suggest you contact the army directly and ask them to forward your allegation to the soldier in question, and arrange a time an place where you can assert to him directly that he's a pea brained coward.

I would if I can meet him face to face. I will put this to him and ask his rationale for shooting the dog.

If you know him we can meet. So are you saying that he has the brute strength? Or are you saying he has the gun? Like I said everyone can shoot and everyone can kill but if he has a pea brain then he might as well come home.

He is trained for fight is he not? He is trained in making the right decision at the right time at the right moment is he not? So when was he trained to shoot a dog? Taliban yes but a dog. Where?

allthepies
    Free Member

THE SOLDIER DID NOT SHOOT THE DOG!

br
    Free Member

If he'd shoot a dog on camera, he'd probably shoot a civi off-camera…

We are just supporting another Dictator, nothing has changed.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

To be fair, it is not as if the Afghanis are a nation of dog lovers.

According to your link Jamie :

"Dogfighting is facing a resurgence after it was banned under the Taliban for being un-Islamic. "

So there are now weekly dog fights in Afghanistan's capital Kabul, to which spectators come to watch ?
    But the Taliban wants to ban them ?

OK, now I'm getting a little confused. The Taliban are the 'good guys' – right ?
    And we're there to help them – yeah ?
    ………. so why does chewkw say : "I don't mind the lads shooting the brains off the Taliban " 😕

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I don't think a soldier in Afganistan can be called a coward under any circumstances.

I'm sure there are some that are. I haven't logged into Help Our Heroes or something have I? You know, where any serving soldier is completely above criticism. They joined up and learned how to kill people, I guess if it's an animal, it's just practice isn't it? Let's just call it collateral damage shall we and be done with it.

higthepig
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart

Thank you, should I could take chewkw with me, I know some very nice places 👿

crazy-legs

So when was he trained to shoot a dog? Taliban yes but a dog. Where?

He. Didn't. Shoot. The. Dog.
    One round over it's head, the dog ran off, you can see it go.

Suppose he'd left it there, it's just bitten a soldier (who now needs rabies treatment), there's loads of other soldiers milling around, confusion, noise, helicopters etc, suppose the dog goes ballistic and starts attacking people?

One bang, dog runs off, the soldier has saved the dog from being injured/shot and saved his comrades from any further attack.

chewkw
    Free Member

SOOBalias – Member

that dog made a lot of noise after getting shot
    and managed to run off.

who has the pea sized brain?

I did not see the dog running off on the news.

I do not mind being called a pea brain if I was wrong and if it was not killed but shooting a dog is definitely not on.

The last time a dog was killed because it was barking some pea brain American soldiers and they shot it. The dog was chained when it was barking.

meehaja
    Free Member

bad things happen in war, people act in ways that are deemed bad or wrong in normal society. Its how people deal with horrible things. I never went to war when I was in the army, but was always disgusted by my staff sarge's racism towards iraqis. Then he told me that he didn't really hate them, but he found it very hard to shoot people if he saw them as people, and thought about their families, lives and past. He was dehumanising them, acting in an overtly offensive way to try and make his job and his ability to cope with it easier, in his words, "its easier to shoot a rat than a person.". Its not right, its not my way, but then I'm not a soldier in a war and I don't have to deal with these things.

yeah he shot a dog, its bad and wrong. If he'd shot it at the time it'd be ok, if the dog got blown up by a rocket it'd be ok.

its sad that people act like that, but worse things happen in war.

allthepies
    Free Member

>I do not mind being called a pea brain if I was wrong and if it was not killed

You are a pea brain 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

chewkw, would you like a larger spade?

soobalias
    Free Member

then it is you sir who has the pea brain.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The last time a dog was killed because it was barking some pea brain American soldiers and they shot it.

To be fair chewkw, the Yanks aren't too fussed who they shoot – as long as they shoot something. So I don't reckon a dog's chance very much when they're around.

Our Boys on the other hand, come from a nation of animal lovers. So we don't do that sort of stuff 8)

chewkw
    Free Member

I hope the dog is alright that's all after all it was guarding it's compound.

Now let's have some fun shooting some Talibans. Oh look a Talib … shoot! 3 points.

😆

molgrips
    Free Member

Just leave it alone and get on with shooting Taliban … bloody pea brain

Ah yes.. irony.. I see…

higthepig
    Free Member

chewkw

Is it legal or illegal stuff you are on?

chewkw
    Free Member

okay … time to have my dinner now …

molgrips – Member

Ah yes.. irony.. I see…

The dog's life is worth many times more than thousands of Talibs put it this way. The Talib would cut your head off while the dog will remain loyal forever.

🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The dog's life is worth many times more than thousands of Talibs…..

Now there's a message that we need to hammer home to the Afghan people.

…..when they start whingeing about an air strike against a wedding party.

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

Now there's a message that we need to hammer home to the Afghan people.

…..when they start whingeing about an air strike against a wedding party.

Talibs with RPG & AK-47 that shoot at you … not ordinary people by the way …

IanMunro
    Free Member

There's a ginger talib cat up the road from me.
    I've always suspect that it's been up to no good.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Not ordinary people ?

I think you're giving them too much credit.

rob731
    Free Member

What a strange rant from someone with no idea what he's talking about. It looks like the soldier has much more ability to assess the facts quickly and act accordingly than the OP! (despite being injured instead of just offended).

soobalias
    Free Member

best line from the footage has to be

"!medic so&so has been shot in the head!"

"omg whos been shot?"

"no need to panic, its cant be that bad, hes still firing."

sherry
    Free Member

I have known/know a couple a British soldiers (old school mates) and to tell the truth I'm quite frankly terrified that some of these people are given guns and allowed to be supposedly responsible adults! If your a halfwit without a gun it doesn't bear thinking about if you have one and some of the Americans are much much worse.

CaptJon
    Free Member

juan
    Free Member

The last time a dog was killed because it was barking some pea brain American soldiers and they shot it. The dog was chained when it was barking.

Wow can you really do that? I mean shooting a dog because it barks. That's wickid awusm…
    Now because my neighbour's dog is an annoying fecker and she (the neighbour) is not too bothered about it (even when the dog escapes and try to bit me, throw me off my bike) and see I really wouldn't mind to shoot him. Off course to make it ok with the OP I'll dress him as a taliban of course.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

this thread stinks of troll

boxelder

The dog's life is worth many times more than thousands of Talibs put it this way. The Talib would cut your head off while the dog will remain loyal forever.

I really hope you are trolling.

Have you run out of 😡 ?
    or just realised you were being an apeth?

iamhimsoiam
    Free Member

chewkw – Member
    okay … time to have my dinner now …

molgrips – Member

Ah yes.. irony.. I see…

come highly recommended on the dinner menu in china. 😯

markenduro
    Free Member

Chekw – presumably if you value dogs so highly you personally boycott anything made in China, korea or Taiwan?

Mark

Can I just point out something.. Clearly it's not already been pointed out so I think i should…

He didn't shoot the dog.
    The dog was not shot.
    A round from the soldier's rifle did not hit the dog.
    The dog is not an ex-dog
    The dog is alive
    The dog ran away.
    See spot run
    Run spot run!

The

Dog

Was

Not

Shot.

He didn't shoot the dog!

Smudger666

So did the OP get his/her knickers in a twist without really grasping the whole of the story, and then head stright for an internet forum to vent?

snigger.

Hope his dinner is Korean Meatballs – they really are the dogs bollocks!!

chewkw
    Free Member

markenduro – Member

Chekw – presumably if you value dogs so highly you personally boycott anything made in China, korea or Taiwan?

Yes. Watch Youtube on fur trade? Dog meat?

boxelder

sofatester
    Free Member

chewkw can i ask you a personal question?

Are you a Troll or an Idiot? 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘Channel 4 news – another soldier shooting a dog … P**s me off big time.’ is closed to new replies.