Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Changing zesty chainstay pivot bushes
  • portydave
    Free Member

I have a 2011 zesty 514, so with the carbon back end, and noticed today there is quite a bit of play in the rear chainstay pivots.

Has anyone any experience of changing the bushes here, and if so I assume it is easy enough? Any to tips to share with me?

I’ve been told I need 2 spacers and 4 inserts??

I have the puffer in a weeks time, and figure riding in the gritty slop there with duff bushings is not a good idea!

Cheers!!

ojom
    Free Member

Dave – make that the other way round. 2 inserts, 4 spacers. I made a head mess on the phone.

portydave
    Free Member

Cheers, thanks for the clarification.

ojom
    Free Member

It’s amazing how you can be reading one thing and saying something else…

somouk
    Free Member

Out of interest if it’s a 2011 bike, how much use has it had?

portydave
    Free Member

I ride it fairly hard probably on average once a week for a year now. Usually in fairly muddy places as well, so doesn’t surprise me that they have worn out.

Seems to be £12 for the bush kit so as long as they a easy to change its no big deal.

Rest of the bearings seem fine.

If you are thinking of getting one I can thoroughly recommend it!!

Cheers

hughjengin
    Free Member

Did mine recently, pretty easy. the nylon spacers come out pretty easy, and presumably if yours has a lot of wear and play the almunium spacer will push out easy

willfaz
    Free Member

no special tools required?

And have you done the other bushings around the shock, or are these the first you have done?

hughjengin
    Free Member

5 mm Allen key, some long nose pliers (to pull out the nylon / delrin bushes) and a dab of loctite blue and a torque wrench was just about all I needed for re-assembly

portydave
    Free Member

Aye, just managed to disassemble it pretty easy, the alu bushes are pretty worn.

Loctite…..for the bolt I assume?

Anyone know where I can find the torque settings, only some of the pivots have them written on them.

To willfaz, first bush change I’ve tries so can’t comment on the shock bearings.

Cheers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Changing zesty chainstay pivot bushes’ is closed to new replies.