Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Chameleon help
  • linchpin
    Free Member

I’m quite tempted by the current deals on offer but have a question for the experts out there.  If you want to swap wheel sizes, do you need a different fork too?  Can you buy either 29 (120mm travel) or 27.5 (130mm travel) and still fit either wheel size?  If so, which is the better route?

Carter
    Free Member

I have the 2018 R+ Spec that comes with the Fox 34 Rhythm form. This has a sticker on it saying that it is 29/27.5.

You can change the travel with a replacement air shaft.

Chris

mccraque

Ubyk has 20% off them at present, I think…

linchpin
    Free Member

Ubyk has 20% off them at present, I think…

I know, this is too tempting for me, that’s £520 off the R build.  Even with their low value full builds, that’s a tempting offer.

linchpin
    Free Member

Thanks Carter, that has answered the question.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

the chameleon has different dropouts for the 27.5+ and 29er (changes height of the BB.)

the 27.5+ bike tend to be 29er forks anyway to allow the clearance for the bigger volume 27.5+ tyres

i’m running 130mm fox rhythm (i got last spring from germany, good fork)

Del

I’m not aware of any 27.5+ forks. They’re 29er forks, usually boost. The chameleon is rated up to 140iirc. There are 2 different dropout sets as mentioned. 1 of the stw crew is running 29er dropout with + wheels. Sounds like my idea of hell. I’ve bashed pedals a number of times running 27.5+ dropouts with 29 wheels. YMMV.

jmatlock
    Free Member

linchpin, I have dropped you a message.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Iv got a 29er Chameleon and really loving it. I would like to try it on B+ if anyone has a set of drop outs they have swapped out

fatbikeandcoffee
    Free Member

I’m currently riding a + Chameleon having come off the Fat bike and it’s a hoot, mega grip, comfy and a grin from ear to ear. Haven’t tried mine on 29er wheels (not anti just haven’t) and loving it just the way it is 🙂

James

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Here are a few pictures of mine in 29er mode from last weekends bike packing trip

superstu
    Free Member

Great photos. Tempted by one in 29 guise.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Chameleon help’ is closed to new replies.