Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Chainlove – whose used them?
  • bol

Anyone bought from Chainlove? How was shipping, duty etc? What happened and how did it work? I’ve got my eye on some forks which would be a great deal at face value, but no idea how much they’d cost by the time they get in my hands?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Me, great service with delivery to the UK in about 5 days. Dont expect to dodge duty though, they use UPS who collect on delivery 😡

bol

What sort of percentage did you pay all in Dug?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Think it was about 25%

bol

Thanks. Still well worth a punt then.

singlespeedstu

bol.

If your after the fork on Chainlove try here instead.

$289. 😯

http://www.hucknroll.com/marzocchi-44-micro-ti-fork-29in

bigsi
    Free Member

See I’d order those forks off huck n roll in a flash but like a lot of companies they show a picture of a straight steerer but the tech spec indicates its a tapper version that you get 😕

honourablegeorge

Chainlove and HuckNRoll are one and the same, aren’t they?

bol

Great, cheers Stu. They’re the fellas. That’ll save me obsessively checking back at Chainlove every half a hour.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Blinking eck they are cheap!. The Chainlove ones have all been worked on to provide 2011 internal spec, but at that price I may be tempted to pick up another 😯

bigsi
    Free Member

Just ordered a set of those forks off of Huck n Roll after checking with them that they are defiantly NON taper.

Micro Ti’s for just over £300 inc shipping & duty. Yes please 😛

Cheers Stu i own you one 😉

bol

From what I’ve been reading they are the same re-worked ones as on Chainlove. I just need to find a home for my F29s first…

singlespeedstu

Looks like I best order one of these for myself too. 🙄 😆

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Bugger, someone just bought the last taper 140, still non-taper models left 😥

wrecker
    Free Member

Flipping heck hucknroll have blur TRc’s for £2500!
    That’s the whole bike for less than the frame only in the UK!
    What would the duty be on that?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

You pay increased duty on whole bikes over parts, forget the rate though.

honourablegeorge

Pretty sure they won’t ship SC stuff internationally.

bol

Arse! Missed the boat on the tapered 140s. That’ll teach me to prevaricate.

Clink

Can the non-tapered be dropped to 100mm?

wrecker
    Free Member

Bumholes. Won’t ship mavic either. They have crossmax SLRs for £180!!!!
    I proceeded to checkout as well.

bigsi
    Free Member

Well my forks have just arrived so thought I’d supply the rest of you with some feedback

Ordered them on Sunday around lunchtime so 4 days door to door from the USA!!!!!! 😯

Really really impressed with Huck n Roll customer service 😛

I checked with them via the live chat service they have on the site & was assured they were the straight steerer version & low & behold when they arrived that’s exactly what they were despite the tech spec’s indicating they were taper 8)

Cost wise for the forks, express shipping (5-7 days quoted but mine arrived in 4) plus VAT & all other duties it came in at just shy of £350.

Yes you MIGHT be able to get a set of the non Ti ones in the UK eventually when the 2012 ones arrive but nowhere has any in stock at the moment with the 15mm QR that are non taper in 120mm & the due date on the like of CRC & Wiggle keeps on being put back & back so to my mind they are a bargain 😀

I’d defiantly order from Huck n Roll again.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

+1 for HucknRoll. I ordered some Zocchi’s (sale item) on friday and they arrvived wednesday. With taxes and duty they were still a lot cheaper than UK.

dharmstrong
    Free Member

What are the taxes and duty rates? And is any US tax subtracted from the price on the hucknroll site?

mojo5pro
    Free Member

on bike parts it’s 24% (20% VAT + 4% import duty). This is on the total price, no US tax deductions

jambon
    Free Member

Love it.

Made in Italy (?) shipped to the US, shipped back the UK.

Last days of Rome…

DuggieStyle
    Free Member

PSA if you use the code 76X-1-EEHKB, you get $60 off orders over $300 so chuck something cheap in your basket and you can get the Zocchis for about £210 GBP delivered!

dharmstrong
    Free Member

Thanks mojo5pro

DuggieStyle
    Free Member

There is usually some sort of ‘handling fee’ to add into the equation also.

bigsi
    Free Member

UPS put a “broker fee” of £11 on top but thats included in what i calculated above.

singlespeedstu

Let us know how they feel when you’ve go them fitted will you Si.

bigsi
    Free Member

Yeah will do Stu.

It might be a little while though as I’ve still got to get the wheel built up! 🙄

singlespeedstu

Duggie Style – Member

PSA if you use the code 76X-1-EEHKB, you get $60 off orders over $300 so chuck something cheap in your basket and you can get the Zocchis for about £210 GBP delivered!

Where do you stick the code in?

I got as far as “place order” and it still hadn’t given me an option to put the code in?

DuggieStyle
    Free Member

SSS, go to checkout and its section 5, there is a small tab ‘redemption code’; remember and bump your order up to $300 though!

singlespeedstu

Ta

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Chainlove – whose used them?’ is closed to new replies.