Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Chain Reaction – service getting worse?
  • pjbarton
    Free Member

ordered some shoes monday morning, in the past I’d have expected delivery by today but they still haven’t processed. Any similar experiences or am i just unlucky.

need them for roughride, thought a week was plenty of time.

chakaping
    Free Member

Ordered a set of SLX brakes (£120 pair!) yesterday afternoon, dispatched this morning – hopefully arriving tomorrow (fingers crossed).

nickf
    Free Member

Ordered Tuesday, arrived today.

No problems from my POV.

guitarhero
    Free Member

in your situation, my first thought would be phone them, not start a thread.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Ordered 2xcycling tops mon got them today. Touch wood their service has always been good.

grumm
    Free Member

My recent experience is def not as good as in the past – stuff often takes 3-4-5 days now where it always used to be next day generally.

Rockplough
    Free Member

Just got my wheelbuild in 5 working days. Quite happy.

pedalhead
    Free Member

I’m still a big fan of CRC, but whereas I hardly ever bothered looking elsewhere when ordering bike bits, I’m finding more & more that other sites are cheaper whist still providing a decent service.

cp

ordered some tyres from crc tuesday morning, email this morning saying goods despatched, hopefully arriving tmw!

ordered some bits from wiggle tuesday morning, email this morning to say despatched, hopefully arriving tmw…

BigDummy
    Free Member

My recent experience has been good.

rolymo
    Free Member

all good too, even after sales and returns – and i use them a lot.

jojoA1
    Free Member

In my experience, service from CRC has always been good, IE goods processed quickly. It’s the service from Parcel Force and Royal Mail that has become more and more shoddy lately. Does it really need my parcel to sit at the national hub for three days before they send it out to the area? This seems to happen every time I order at the moment. I’ve wondered about ordering items individually so that they get sent in lots of little parcels. Then I might get some of them more quickly.

votchy
    Free Member

Service in my experience has always been good, however, as mentioned above they are now not as competitive on price, Merlin seem to be much cheaper and their service has also been excellent

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Ordered the (wrong!) part on Monday, delivered and returned on Tuesday. Just received an email saying the return has been received and the money is back on my credit card. Perfect!

Burchy1
    Free Member

No problems here ordered Monday PM and got my stuff today.

nowthen
    Free Member

Excellent service, just had a real back-and-forth issue with a BB part that must have drove them nuts but they where nothing but 100% helpful!

Harry_the_Spider

No problem here. Order to delivery inside 36 hours last week.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Last weeks order was here by the next morning. No complaints here.

llama

currently stuff is being delayed because of a high volume of orders apparently

RealMan
    Free Member

Ordered an item. Changed my mind about said item. Returned item. 1 month later, they withdraw the cost of the item again. So I paid for 2 of the item I ordered (total around £400) and had nothing. Angry email sent to CRC. One week later, full refund.

I’m just so annoyed that it took them a month to do something, and then they did the wrong thing. Dont think I’ll be using CRC again.

Litespeed
    Free Member

They are not the cheapest any more – I’ve moved away from these guys as the service is also ))))

mentalalex
    Free Member

Ordered something last Friday still nothing….they used to be good what happened

pjbarton
    Free Member

thanks for the feedback. (except guitarhero obviously!) – generally good then with a smattering of negatives.

seriously tho – I ofcourse tried ringing first – couldn’t get through. i think it’s a pretty valid question for this forum

steel4real
    Free Member

Experienced some delay recently, item took 3 working days to dispatch last week, waiting on another now as well.
    On the plus side, carried out an exchange with no quibble the week before and also warrantied a Saint rear mech in the time scale they promised.
    So all in all still pretty good.

giantjason
    Free Member

ordered a number of items on Monday evening and received them this morning.

had to send stuff back as i changed my mind and had a refund within 36hrs.

no problems/issues from my side……however as noted above they are now not always the cheapest.

zbonty

Ordered Sunday, processed Monday, Received today.

Sent some rims back recently and account was credited Very quickly. All good!

Def. worth shopping around for price, but service is v.good

chiefP
    Free Member

Always had great delivery, and remember most orders are royal mail 1st class so a small delay is nothing unusual.

•Royal Mail 1st Class

FREE OF CHARGE 1st class postage with NO signature required on delivery. Used for smaller packages that can usually fit through your letterbox. Orders usually arrive next working day, although occasionally delays can occur. No tracking information available

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Service is fine but I think they have gone downhill.

The main thing is their prices on pretty much everything are no longer competitive, I think they rely on people thinking oh CRC are the cheapest (which they used to be pre credit crunch/flood sale) and not checking elsewhere.

Another thing that really grabs my goat is the displayed sale price, only to click on the item and find it is some really obscure fitment and what you want is full RRP, but I guess that is fair enough….But recently I’ve noticed them advertising a sale price then when you click on it the price is higher….and there are no product variations so they are basically lieing.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Oh and I ordered a sale item the other day only to be told 3 days later the price was an error. but they still took my money and had to wait 3 more days for a refund.

richcc
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking along the same lines as Schrickvr6 for a while now. CRC used to be my default option with occasional dalliances with Merlin and Wiggle. There’s now a whole raft of sites I end up checking. Probikekit is a current favorite. The CRC misadvertising/one in a strange size grips my sht too!

chakaping
    Free Member

You can’t realistically criticise a firm for not always being the cheapest though. They are a business!

My brakes arrived this morning, less than 48 hours after I ordered – so from my POV they’re getting back on track after a rough year or so where service and delivery times did slip a bit.

pjbarton
    Free Member

ordered monday
    inquired wed
    got a reply thursday saying they ‘have a backlog, sorry etc’
    i replied that i need them for sat latest, cancel if that’s not going to happen’
    no response, so we’ll see – still no dispatch email tho so even if they send today, might not come ’til monday.

seriously not good enough – gonna have to switch my default to evens/wiggle or something

Spudster1
    Free Member

Ordered goods yesterday with the ‘next day before 1pm’ delivery selected. Unfortunately they haven’t even processed it yet a day later. Very disappointing…

brakeswithface

Have noticed it’s become significantly slower of late. I’m totally used to ordering stuff at about this sort of time on a Friday and riding with it on saturday afternoon so I guess we’ve been spoiled!

hora
    Free Member

slightly concerned TBH. Which is new for me with CRC. First order went astray- was supposed to be with me a week last Friday. Didnt show until mondayish (when we had moved offices) then before I could collect it had been returned. Ok, so sometimes orders can de delayed a day. So reordered a duplicate order last Thursday before the deadline and still not received. You could put it down to Royal Mail however I havent received my despatched email yet either.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ordered Thursday, late afternoon.
    Dispatched Friday
    Recieved today.

As a long-time CRC customer, I have yet to experience any problem, or a delay of more then 2-3 days on any order.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Chain Reaction – service getting worse?’ is closed to new replies.